You have often heard many people say that the cure for all our problems is hidden in nature. Actually, there are many types of trees and plants around us, which we see everyday as we come and go. Do you know that these trees are not only able to cleanse the environment, but are also able to make our body healthy. The reason is the medicinal properties found in them. Ashoka tree is full of many medicinal properties. The importance of Ashoka tree also increases because it is considered infeasible for many serious problems as well as gynecological diseases. What are the benefits of Ashoka tree? In this article of Stylecrase we will tell you in detail.
Along with its nutrients, we will also tell you about the methods of its use in the article, but before that we know the benefits of Ashoka tree.
Benefits of Ashoka tree
- Remove gynecological problems There are many problems that are involved in gynecology, such as irregular menstrual cycle, unbearable pain during menstrual cycle, pelvic muscle pain problem, lack of active eggs and difficulty in conceiving ( 1 ). For the treatment of these problems, women and adolescents often visit the doctors. In such a situation, you do not have to be overly troubled by these problems. The benefits of Ashoka tree can prove to be helpful in getting rid of all these problems. A research confirms that the use of Ashoka’s bark proves beneficial in women related diseases ( 2 ). However, how it works against these diseases, more research is still needed.
- Aids in clearing skin color According to experts, flavonoids are found in Ashoka flower extracts. They help to keep the skin young, remove stains and cleanse the skin color. For this reason we can say that the benefits of the Ashoka tree also include removing skin-related problems ( 3 ).
- Pain relief Flavonoids are abundant in the Ashoka tree. Research in this regard also mentions that the presence of flavonoids exhibits antiinflammatory, antipyretic (fever relieving effect) and analgesic (pain relieving) properties ( 4 ). At the same time, another research done in this regard suggests that analgesic effects are found in the bark of Ashoka tree ( 5 ). For this reason we can say that the use of Ashoka’s bark can also be helpful in relieving pain.
- Stop internal bleeding According to experts, an excess of estrogen (a hormone) in the uterus can cause irregular bleeding (bleeding). At the same time, the bark of Ashoka tree has anti-estrogenic and anti-inflammatory effects, which are able to overcome the risk factors of this problem. For this reason, it would not be wrong to say that the use of Ashoka’s bark can prove beneficial in removing the problem of internal bleeding ( 6 ).
- Control diabetes Ashoka tree can also be effective in correcting diabetes problem . The reason is that its flowers have hypoglycemic (blood sugar lowering) effect with many medicinal properties ( 7 ). Because of this, its intake proves effective in controlling the amount of sugar in the blood by increasing the activation of insulin in the body.
- Get rid of piles If you are troubled by the problem of hemorrhoids, Ashoka tree can also be used to overcome it. It is said that the medicinal properties present in both Ashoka’s flower and bark prove helpful in relieving hemorrhoids by improving the digestive process.
- Avoid infection As mentioned earlier in the article, high levels of flavonoids are found in Ashoka tree. The presence of these flavonoids also makes it rich in antimicrobial (bacterial infection-protecting) properties ( 9 ). For this reason we can say that Ashoka tree can be used to get rid of infection.
- Get rid of stomach worms The bark of Ashoka tree contains special elements like flavonoids, terpenoids, lignin, phenolic compounds and tannins, which are full of many medicinal properties. All these elements also exhibit a combined anthelmintic (stomach-killing insect) effect ( 10 ). For this reason we can say that extract of Ashoka’s bark can also be used to remove stomach worms.
- Avoid diarrhea It is said that by taking juice made from Ashoka’s flowers, one can get relief from dysentery. It has been shown to be beneficial in dysentry, a type of diarrhea that occurs due to infection ( 3 ). For this reason, it can be believed that the juice of Ashoka’s flowers can prove to be very beneficial to prevent diarrhea .
- Kidney stones In Ayurveda, to remove the problem of kidney stones , it is recommended to take Ashoka seeds, bark and root powder. It is believed that a large amount of flavonoids and antioxidants are present in all parts of the Ashoka tree. Their presence helps in reducing the risk factors of the kidney and helps in relieving this problem.
- Relieve swelling Ashoka tree along with other medicinal properties are also found to have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation. For this reason, applying a paste of Ashoka tree leaves and bark on the swollen area can provide relief.
- Relieve stomach ache If you are struggling with stomach ache, then you can trust Ashoka tree. As you have already known that the bark of Ashoka tree has pain relieving properties (4). It also proves helpful in removing stomach worms (10). In addition, its use has also been considered helpful in relieving the problem of indigestion ( 12 ). All these three qualities are sufficient to cure the stomach. For this reason we can say that the use of Ashoka’s bark can prove beneficial in any type of pain related to the stomach.
- Helpful to add broken bones According to experts, the bark of Ashoka tree has medicinal properties such as flavonoids, tannins, and analgesics, which can help in attaching broken bones (Bone Fracture) ( 12 ). For this reason we can assume that the Ashoka tree can prove to be helpful in connecting bones.
After knowing the benefits of Ashoka tree, in the next part of the article, we will learn about its nutritious elements.
Ashoka tree nutritional value
Through the following points, we will learn about the special elements present in Ashoka’s flower, which make Ashoka a perfect medicine ( 13 ).
In the later part of the article we will talk about the use of the Ashoka tree.
How to use Ashoka tree
Talking about the use, the Ashoka tree can be used medicinally in the following ways on the advice of an Ayurveda expert.
- You can take a decoction made of its soft leaves daily (two teaspoons).
- One teaspoon can be used daily by making fine powder of its bark.
- You can use half a teaspoon of powder made from its seeds daily.
- A paste made from its leaves and flowers can be used to relieve swelling.
- At the same time, use of two spoons of mixed juice of flowers, roots, bark and leaves in half cup of water is also considered beneficial for consumption.
- Consumption time- Well, its decoction, juice or powder is considered beneficial in the morning, but if you want, you can use it in the morning or at night also while sleeping.
In the next part of the article, we will tell you about some of the pitfalls of the Ashoka tree.
Damage to Ashoka tree – Side Effects of Ashoka Tree
Talking about the loss of Ashoka tree, there is no harm caused by taking it in medicinal quantities, but in some cases it is advised not to take it, for which there is no strong evidence.
- In the absence of menstruation, its consumption can worsen the situation.
- Pregnant women should not consume it.
- If there is a problem of high blood pressure, then use it only with the advice of a doctor.
The characteristics and medicinal uses of Ashoka tree are so much that it is not easy to describe them in detail in a single article. Despite this, here we have tried to explain the advantages and methods of use of Ashoka tree. In such a situation, if you are also troubled by the problems mentioned in the article, then read the methods given in the article thoroughly and then adopt the information obtained and use it. It is possible that it will be effective in removing many of your health related problems. If you have any other questions or suggestions related to this topic, you can contact us through the comment box given below.