Aloe vera is a small plant, but its properties are well known. Due to its countless benefits, it is used in almost every household. The benefits of aloe vera are many, whether it is for health, for skin or for hair. The list of benefits of Ghritkumari is long and people should get detailed information about them, that is why the subject of this article of Stylecrase has been chosen as Ghritkumari. In this article, we will not only tell the benefits of aloe vera but also inform the readers about the disadvantages of aloe vera. However, despite all the qualities, aloe vera is not a medical treatment. It can be used only as a home remedy. If someone is suffering from a serious disease, then he or she should be treated by a doctor.
First of all know about the medicinal properties of aloe vera.
Medicinal properties of aloe vera
If we talk about the medicinal properties of aloe vera, then it has antiseptic, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and many other properties. Along with this, essential nutrients like vitamin A and folic acid are also found in it. It can be beneficial for health like a health tonic. This sole plant can show beneficial results ranging from improving digestion, boosting immunity as well as disease like diabetes (). In the following article, its benefits are explained in detail.
First of all know about the type of aloe vera.
How many types of aloe vera are there?
If we talk about the type of aloe vera, there are many types of it. It is not possible to tell everyone, but we are trying to give below information about some.
- Aloe Barbadensis – This is the most common type of aloe vera. It needs no introduction, this aloe vera is known for its medicinal properties.
- Tiger Aloe – This is one of the most beautiful species of aloe vera, which can be kept in a small pot or container. It consists of sword-shaped leaves, with speckled spots.
- Climbing Aloe – This is one of the rare species of aloe vera. Its leaves can spread to nearby trees and plants.
- Aloe descoingsii – This is the smallest species of Aloe vera. It grows only 2-3 inches. Dark green leaves have whitish white spots. It flowers in yellow-orange during spring to summer.
- Red Aloe – A slow growing red alo requires less water. It looks like a beautiful red copper color when the sun’s rays fall. It is one of the most attractive varieties of aloe vera.
Now we know about the benefits of aloe vera for health.
Benefits of Aloe Vera
Below we are giving information about the benefits of Aloe vera for not only health, but skin. Know what happens by eating aloe vera.
1. Aloe vera to lose weight
Eating outside and not doing physical activity properly can lead to weight gain. In such a situation, if aloe vera juice is consumed, it can get rid of this problem to some extent. Indeed, according to a research done on mice published on the website of the National Center for Biotechnology Information, the anti-obese properties present in aloe vera may reduce the obesity problem caused by diet. In addition, it increases energy consumption and can reduce body fat to some extent ( 2 ). In addition, aloe vera gel may also cause weight loss in patients suffering from early symptoms of obesity and diabetes ( 3 ). However, to lose weight, not only aloe vera gel, but it is also necessary to have a balanced diet and exercise.
2. Aloe vera for constipation
Many people take different types of medicines for constipation, which can have side effects. In such a situation, if natural things are consumed, then the problem of constipation can be relieved. Here we are giving information about what happens in constipation by eating aloe vera. Aloe vera juice can be beneficial in the event of constipation. Aloe vera has laxative properties (Laxative – stomach cleansing) ( 4 ). Many times experts recommend the intake of laxative foods during constipation ( 5 ). It can help to cleanse the stomach by softening the stool. However, further research is still needed on whether or not Aloe vera is completely safe due to its laxative properties. One-time medical advice is also required.
3. Benefits of aloe vera for diabetes
If we talk about the benefits of Aloe vera, it can also be beneficial for diabetes. Consumption of aloe vera can help the blood sugar level of a patient with type 2 diabetes be somewhat balanced. Indeed, the anti-diabetic properties of aloe vera may be effective in diabetes ( 6 ). In addition, research on diabetic mice found that aloe vera leaves may also be effective in diabetes (). However, this research is on animals, so for the problem of diabetes , patients can also seek medical consultation once before taking it.
4. Aloe vera for digestion
Talking about the benefits of aloe vera, it can also be beneficial for the stomach and digestive system. Aloe vera juice can be consumed for digestive problems. According to another Indian study, aloe vera can be used in the treatment of peptic ulcers. It can act as an anti-bacterial against H. pylori (which causes gastric infection), along with its anti-ulcer properties ( 10 ). In addition, aloe vera may reduce abdominal pain and gas problems in patients with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome – digestive tract problems) ( 11 ). If someone has more digestive problems, they should give first priority to medical consultation.
5. Aloe vera properties for cholesterol
Consumption of aloe vera can also be beneficial for cholesterol. According to a report published on the NCBI website, the intake of aloe vera may not only reduce oxidative stress, but may also lower liver cholesterol ( 12 ). In addition, the hypocholesterolemic effect (cholesterol-lowering properties) present in aloe vera may be helpful in lowering cholesterol ( 13 ). At the moment, more scientific study is still needed.
6. Aloe vera for brain health
If talked about the benefits of aloe vera, it can also be beneficial for brain health. Aloe vera may be effective for neurodegenerative disease (neurodegenerative disease), epilepsy and brain health ( 14 ). Furthermore, according to one study, aloe vera may be helpful in improving memory ( 15 ). Although further research is needed in this subject, a person can consume aloe vera to keep himself healthy.
7. Properties of aloe vera for prevention from heart disease
Consumption of aloe vera may reduce the risk of heart disease. An Indian study on mice has shown that aloe vera can reduce the risk of heart disease, especially problems with the side effects of doxorubicin medicine (for cancer treatment) ( 16 ). On the other hand, aloe vera gel has been reported to have cardio protective properties ( 17 ). In addition, according to another study by NCBI, aloe vera may help prevent atherosclerosis (Atherosclerosis – plaque freezing in the arteries) ( 18 ). However, further research is still needed on how Aloe vera has anti-atherosclerotic effects. But aloe vera can be consumed to keep the heart healthy.
8. Benefits of aloe vera for inflammation
Aloe vera can also be helpful in reducing inflammation. Actually, it has anti-inflammatory properties, due to which it can be effective on inflammation. Studies on mice have shown that the intake of fresh aloe vera has been shown to decrease inflammation in mice. At the moment, there is a need for intensive research to know the better effect of aloe vera on inflammation ( 19 ) In such a situation, if someone has more problem of inflammation, then get medical advice.
9. Medicinal properties of aloe vera for arthritis
Arthritis can occur due to overweight, infection, increasing age, or many other reasons ( 20 ). In such a situation, it is important to treat it by paying attention to it in time. Aloe vera can be beneficial when it comes to remedy for arthritis. According to one study, it may be beneficial in the treatment of osteoarthritis (type of arthritis). In addition, its use may be beneficial for joint pain due to the presence of anti-inflammatory properties in aloe vera ( 24 ). However, if someone has more gout problems, they should give priority to medical treatment along with aloe vera.
10. Aloe vera for mouth health
Aloe vera juice benefits to so it can be beneficial to the mouth. Aloe vera can be used to eliminate disease-causing bacteria in the mouth. An Indian study says that aloe vera can be extremely useful in the field of dentistry. Indeed, its antimicrobial properties may make it useful for mouth health ( 25 ). Aloe vera can also be used as a mouth wash ( 26 ). However, if anyone has an allergy problem, then they must seek medical consultation once. In addition, aloe vera or aloe vera-containing toothpaste may also be beneficial in gum disease ( 27 ).
11. Aloe vera for wound healing
Wound healing can be one of the biggest benefits of aloe vera. It can accelerate wound healing by improving proliferation of fibroblasts (cells that produce collagen) ( 19 ) ( 28 ). In addition, studies on mice have also found the use of aloe vera to improve wounds ( 29 ). However, our opinion is that if the wound is old, very deep and is not healing, then seek medical advice.
12. Aloe vera for immunity
Many people get sick quickly with the changing season. In such a case, the consumption of aloe vera can help in increasing the immunity of the disease. According to the National Cancer Institute, aloe vera can also help keep a person healthy by acting like an immune booster ( 30 ).
13. Benefits of aloe vera gel to moisturize the skin
Facial use of aloe vera can also be beneficial. Aloe vera gel can also be beneficial in moisturizing the skin. It can help in hydrating the skin and retaining the moisturizer for the skin. Aloe vera is also used in moisturizing cosmetic substances ( 31 ). Aloe vera gel can be quite beneficial especially for dry skin.
14. Benefits of aloe vera gel for wrinkles
For wrinkles, people resort to different types of cosmetic and treatment. These show effects for some time, but they can also have a bad effect on the skin. In this case, aloe vera gel can be a good natural treatment for wrinkles. According to research published on the NCBI website, consumption of aloe vera showed improvement in wrinkles caused by the harmful rays of the sun. It can help to increase collagen (protein found in the skin) production as well as improve the elasticity of the skin ( 32 ). Which can lead to reduced wrinkles.
15. Aloe Vera Jail for Acne
There is no time for pimples to occur. However, they are cured, but often leave their stains. Many types of creams are used for acne, but nothing makes much difference. The use of aloe vera gel may be beneficial, as it has anti-acne properties, which may be helpful in curing acne ( 33 ). However, more precise scientific evidence is needed about this.
16. Aloe Vera Gel for Hair
Aloe vera can also be beneficial for keeping hair healthy. Indeed, aloe vera has been used as an herbal medicine to keep hair healthy and prevent loss ( 34 ). However, there is no solid scientific evidence available as to whether it can prevent hair loss altogether. This can be said based on people’s experiences. If someone has a serious hair loss or hair-related problem, it is better to consult the experts and only then use aloe vera gel.
After knowing so many benefits, now let’s talk about using aloe vera. Here we are sharing the method of making aloe vera juice. Drinking aloe vera juice can also have its benefits.
How to make aloe vera juice
Aloe vera will have advantages only when it is used correctly. Talking about the use of aloe vera, many people consume aloe vera juice. Just like Aloe Vera, the benefits of aloe vera juice are many, but its benefits will affect only if it is drunk properly. Therefore, we are telling you how to make aloe vera juice and how to drink aloe vera juice.
How to make aloe vera juice at home
- A large aloe vera leaf
- Two cups of water
- A spoon
- Small bowl
Making the law :
- First wash the aloe vera leaves.
- Then cut through the center with the help of a knife.
- After cutting, remove the yellow colored substance (latex) from it.
- Then wash the aloe vera leaves one more time.
- With the help of a spoon, remove the aloe vera gel and place it in a bowl.
- To make the juice, add two teaspoons of aloe vera water to the blender for three to four minutes
- Blend into
- Now take this juice out in a glass.
- Talking about how to drink aloe vera juice, you can add lemon or ginger to taste it.
- You can also drink it by mixing it with other juices for taste, but take care of its laxative effect.
After knowing the method of aloe vera juice, now further know how and aloe vera can be used.
How to use Aloe Vera
Find out in what ways aloe vera can be used below.
- Aloe vera juice can be consumed.
- Aloe vera and honey can also be consumed by making juice.
- Can use toothpaste containing aloe vera.
- Aloe vera gel can be used on the face.
- Turmeric, milk, aloe vera and honey can be applied by making face packs.
- Aloe vera gel can also be used for mild injuries.
- Aloe vera gel can be used as a conditioner in hair.
Note : The amount of aloe vera intake depends on the person’s age and physical condition. It is better to get medical advice from the person. Talking about the consumption of aloe vera, it can be consumed in the morning or evening. At the same time, every person’s health and needs are different, so in such a situation, the person can choose the time of consumption of aloe vera according to the expert’s opinion.
Know ahead how to keep aloe vera safe for long time.
How to keep aloe vera safe for a long time?
Now it comes to how to keep aloe vera safe for a long time. Learn here its process.
- Pack aloe vera leaves in plastic and keep them in the fridge.
- Aloe vera gel can also be stored like ice.
- Aloe vera gel can be stored in an air tight container and stored in the refrigerator.
- You can mix aloe vera gel with honey and keep it in a jar and keep it in the fridge.
- Aloe vera gel can also be stored and mixed with lemon juice. Lemon contains vitamin-C, which can preserve aloe vera for several days.
Keep reading articles
It is also important to take care of some precautions during the use or use of aloe vera, we are giving information about it here.
Precautions before taking aloe vera
Know below which precautions are important to take care while using aloe vera.
- Do not make the children consume aloe vera.
- Aloe vera contains gel and a yellow colored fluid, called latex. While using it, be careful not to use latex, as it can be harmful. Its intake may cause stomach cramps or diarrhea ( 23 ).
There are disadvantages of drinking aloe vera or aloe vera juice, keeping in mind the disadvantages of aloe vera are given below.
Side effects of Aloe Vera
Read below the loss of aloe vera juice ( 35 ).
- The risk of allergy to aloe vera is low, but if anyone has an allergic problem, do a patch test of aloe vera or seek medical advice before intake. A person with an allergy problem may be allergic to aloe vera.
- Those who do not tolerate drinking aloe vera juice or feel uneasy after drinking juice, do not consume aloe vera juice continuously. If desired, you can use it on the skin.
- People who have diabetes and are taking blood sugar reduction medicines, do not consume aloe vera, as there may be side effects of aloe vera. This can further reduce blood sugar levels.
- Do not take aloe vera if someone has stomach pain, nausea or vomiting. Aloe vera has laxative properties, which can worsen the condition.
- Pregnant or lactating women should consume it only on medical advice, as there may be side effects of aloe vera.
The benefits of aloe vera make it useful as a great home remedy. If used aloe vera properly, aloe vera can be beneficial not only for health, but also for hair and skin. With the benefit of Aloe Vera, mentioned in this article, it must have been known that how effective the consumption of aloe vera can be. In such a way, the use of aloe vera in the right way can benefit the medicinal properties of aloe vera. Keep in mind that there are disadvantages of aloe vera, so do not use excessive use of aloe vera in the circle of benefits. Use aloe vera only in limited and balanced amounts. Before using aloe vera, you must also seek expert or medical advice if needed.