Usually everyone prefers to start the day with a cup of tea. If the drinkers are asked the reason for this, the answer can be found that it brings freshness and vitality in the body. Well, this is a common information, but do you know that if you remove milk and sugar from tea, it is called ‘black tea’. This black tea is not only beneficial compared to normal tea, but can also have a beneficial effect on health. Not only this, it is also beneficial for skin and hair. At the same time, there are many people who drink black tea with great passion, but are unaware of its qualities. This is the reason why in this article of Stylecrase we are telling the benefits of drinking black tea.
Later in the article we will talk about the benefits of black tea, but before that let us know its type.
Types of Black Tea
According to experts, any tea can be prepared as black tea. The difference is simply how to prepare it. Explain that a plant named Camellia sinensis is used to make all kinds of black tea in China. At the same time, a plant named Camellia assamica is used to make black tea type in India. In such a situation, there are many types of it depending on the climate and region. At the same time, based on the mixing of some other ingredients with black tea, there are also some special types of it, which are explained below.
1. Types of black tea according to production area:
- Lapsang Souchong
- Fujian Minhong
- Anhui Keemun
- Yunnan Dianhong
- Darjeeling Black Tea
- Assam Black Tea
- Ceylon Black Tea
- Nilgiri Black Tea
- Kenyan Black Tea
2. Black tea types based on mixed materials
- Earl Gray Black Tea
- English Breakfast
- Irish Breakfast
- Chai Tea
- Afternoon Tea
- Rose Black Tea
- Russian Caravan
In the next part of the article after the type, we are telling the benefits of drinking black tea.
Benefits of drinking black tea
The benefits of drinking black tea are many, including the development of the ability to learn and remember, as well as mental alertness. It can also exhibit positive effects in many health related problems such as headache, blood pressure, heart attack, osteoporosis (weakening of bones) and Parkinson’s disease (tremor in the body). We will explain about them in detail in the article. Also, we should make it clear here that more scientific research is not available on the benefits of black tea mentioned in this article (1) .
In the next part of the article, we are now going to tell you the benefits of black tea for health.
Health Benefits of Black Tea
1. beneficial for heart health
The benefits of black tea include keeping the heart healthy. NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) has published a research from Boston University of Medicine in this regard on its website. In this research, it is believed that the consumption of black tea can help to keep cardiovascular risks to a large extent (2) . At the same time, another research also suggests that the antioxidant properties present in black tea can prove to be helpful in arterial heart disease (3).. On this basis, it can be said that regular use of black tea can help in maintaining heart health. Provided, it is also taken care of with balanced diet and diet. At the same time, if someone has heart related disease, then he should definitely take the medicine on the advice of the doctor. Also, once a doctor must be asked how many cups of black tea should be drunk daily in this condition.
2. Helpful in diabetes control
Apart from keeping the risks of diabetes, black tea can also help in preventing blood sugar. Actually, according to experts, black tea contains a polyphenol called theaflavins, which has antidiabetic effect. It may aid in reducing blood sugar by increasing insulin activation (4) . Based on the fact that it can be considered that black tea can be helpful to avoid diabetes problem. Yes, if someone is suffering from diabetes, then he should not stop taking the medicine given by the doctor.
3. Increase immunity
Black tea can also be used to improve the body’s immunity. According to a research published on the NCBI website, black tea has immunity enhancing properties. Due to this property, black tea can exhibit positive results in maintaining health. At the same time, research also finds that the effect of black tea depends on the state of one’s immunity on each person (5) . On this basis, it can be assumed that black tea can improve the body’s resistance, but it is not possible to say with certainty that it has the same effect on every person.
4. Maintain the strength of bones
According to experts, consuming black tea can help to remove osteoporosis with age (1) . At the same time, in another research, the use of tea in place of black tea only suggests that the problem of osteoporesis (weakening of bones) is avoided. Ultimately, further research is needed on how black tea helps to maintain bones strong (6) .
5. Helpful for digestive system
Eating black tea can also prove beneficial for keeping the digestive system healthy. The reason is that a special element called catechin is found in black tea (7) . At the same time, research paper published by NCBI also confirms that catechin can help in reducing some of the stomach related problems caused by inflammatory bowel disease (8) . In such a situation, it would not be wrong to say that the use of black tea can help in maintaining the digestive system better.
6. Lower cholesterol
According to research conducted by a research center in the US, black tea can help maintain cholesterol levels normal. Research has found that black tea, with a balanced and low-fat diet, can lead to positive results in balancing cholesterol (9) . On this basis, it can be assumed that black tea can be used as an appropriate option to balance the increased cholesterol.
7. Helpful in weight control
Research on black tea by a research institute in China found that polyphenols present in it could exhibit antiobesity (anti-obesity) effects without any side effects. It can also be helpful in removing the risks arising due to obesity. For this reason it can be assumed that the use of black tea can be helpful in controlling weight (10) .
8. Relaxation in asthma
According to experts, the use of black tea can prove to be helpful to some extent in the problem of asthma . The reason is that black tea contains a special chemical called theophylline, which is used in the treatment of asthma. Although some of its side effects may also be seen due to its overdose, it can be considered safe due to the minimal amount of theophyllin in the tea (11) . In such a situation, it can be said that if you consume a balanced amount of tea, then some symptoms of asthma can be relieved.
9. Relieving stress
The use of black tea can also prove beneficial in stress situations. Indeed, a research conducted in this regard by the University of London found that consuming tea may help some in reducing stress (12) .
10. beneficial for mouth health
Micro-organisms such as Streptococcus mutans and Lactobacillus bacteria have a bad effect on the health of the mouth. At the same time, according to experts, black tea has an antimicrobial effect, which can help eliminate these microbes (13) . For this reason it can be assumed that the use of black tea can help maintain mouth health.
11. Relieved with diarrhea
As mentioned above in the article, the use of black tea can be helpful in relieving stomach related problems caused by inflammatory bowel disease. At the same time, another research related to this suggests that if black tea tablets are used with drugs, the problem of diarrhea may be reduced (14) . For the moment, further research on Black Tea needs to be done in this regard.
12. Control blood pressure
The use of black tea can also prove beneficial in controlling increased blood pressure . In fact, a research published on the NCBI website found that three to four cups of black tea per day can help reduce blood pressure. Although its effect was minimal, it can be seen positively in view of the severity of heart health (15) . On this basis, it can be said that the use of black tea can prove to be beneficial to some extent for people suffering from blood pressure problem.
In the next part of the article, we will now explain the benefits of black tea for the skin.
Skin Benefits of Black Tea
1. Protect against skin infection
A special element called catechin is found in black tea. Due to the presence of this element, black tea has antibacterial (bacterial destroying) and antifungal (fight against fungus) properties (16) . Since bacteria and fungus are the main causes of infection on the skin (17) , it can be assumed that black tea may have positive effects in skin infection problems.
- Fresh used tea bag
How to use :
- Keep the used T-bag in the place of infection for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Regular use of this procedure can show an effective effect on infection.
2. Keep your skin young
According to experts, black tea can play an important role in reducing the signs of premature aging. Actually, black tea contains good amounts of polyphenols, which exhibit antioxidant effects. Due to this effect, black tea is helpful in controlling the amount of collagen that helps in maintaining the skin, reducing the effect of free radicals. It can also help in keeping away wrinkles caused by lifeless and loose skin (17) . In such a situation, it would not be wrong to say that the use of black tea can be helpful in reducing the effect of increasing age.
- Ice Cube prepared from black tea
How to use :
- Keep the black tea in the freezer for some time and put the prepared ice cube on the face till it melts.
- Skin moisture will be maintained by regular use of this process. Also, the skin looks healthy and shiny.
3. Protect against the effects of ultra violet rays
In the article mentioned above, a special element called catechin is found in black tea. This element also has antioxidant properties along with other effects. Due to this property it can help reduce the effect of ultra violet rays by protecting the skin from the effects of free radicals (17) . On this basis, it can be assumed that the use of black tea can also help in protecting against the ultra violet rays of the sun.
- A tea bag of black tea
- A cup of hot water
- One spoon honey to taste (optional)
How to use :
- Take a cup of hot water first.
- Now put tea bag in this water and leave it like this for about 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, add one spoon of honey to taste.
- Sip slowly and drink tea.
4. Remove stains
According to experts, Gaelic acid is also available in black tea along with other elements. It exhibits tyrosinase inhibitors effect to the skin. Copper-containing enzymes are called tyrosinase, which cause stains by increasing the effects of melanin (17) . In such a situation, it would not be wrong to say that black tea can be helpful in getting rid of the spots on the skin.
- Two teaspoons black tea
- Half cup of water
- A piece of cotton
How to use :
- Add a cup of water and two teaspoons of black tea to the gas in the tea pan.
- Now keep it on the gas until it boils.
- When the tea boils well and the water color starts to look dark black, take the pan off.
- Now separate the tea in a cup and keep it to cool.
- When the tea is cold, apply it on the face with the help of a piece of cotton and leave it like this for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, wash the face.
After the skin, we will now know the benefits of black tea in relation to hair.
Hair Benefits of Black Tea
1.Remove the problem of hair loss
If someone has hair loss problem, then black tea drink can be of some benefit in this stage. At the moment, no solid scientific evidence exists in this regard, on the basis of which it can be said that black tea can do some work to the problem of falling hair (18) .
- Four to five tea bags
- A bowl of water
How to use :
- Take water in a bowl and put four or five tea bags in it and put it on the gas till it boils.
- After boiling well, separate the water in another vessel and keep it to cool.
- After cooling it, wash the hair thoroughly while massaging the head.
- Finally wrap the hair with a towel and leave it for about an hour.
- Shampoo your hair after the time is over.
2.Assists in hair growth
Research conducted on mice in relation to hair growth found that Japanese black tea extracts demonstrated an ability to grow hair faster in two weeks (19) . On this basis, it can be assumed that applying the extract of bud tea to the hair can help in hair growth. Despite this scientific evidence, it is difficult to say clearly how much positive effect it can have on human hair.
- A spoonful of black tea
- Four-five basil leaves
- A cup of water
How to use :
- Put about four to five basil leaves in a cup of water and boil it well.
- After the tea is ready, keep it to cool down.
- When the tea cools down, massage it with this tea for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally shampoo your hair.
In the next part of the article, we will now give information about the nutritional elements of black tea.
Black Tea Nutritional Value
Information related to black tea nutrients can be obtained through the chart below (20) .
|NUTRIENTS||QUANTITY PER 100 GRAMS|
|Folate (DFE)||5 µg|
|Fatty acid (saturated)||0.002 g|
|Fatty acid (monounsaturated)||0.001 g|
|Fatty acid (polysaturated)||0.004 g|
How to use black tea
Like other teas, for better health, about three to four cups of black tea can be consumed in a day (15) . Just you have to take care not to use milk in it as well as sugar. Yes, you can mix honey to taste if you want. Of course, drinking three-four cups of black tea has been confirmed in scientific research, yet a dietician must be asked once regarding its quantity.
Finally, we also take a look at the pitfalls of drinking black tea.
Side Effects of Black Tea
Excess of anything hurts. In the same way, black tea drinking may be harmed due to the presence of caffeine.
- Some amount of caffeine is found in black tea. For this reason, due to its excessive intake, insomnia can be a problem in both older and children.
- The caffeine present in black tea acts as a diuretic (diuretic) for the kidney. For this reason, excessive intake of it can cause frequent urination by increasing the amount of potassium and sodium in the urine.
- Due to excessive intake, it can damage enamel, the outer layer of teeth. There is a protective layer over the teeth, called enamel. The destruction of this layer increases the sensitivity in the teeth and the teeth begin to weaken.
- 200 milligrams of caffeine can be harmful for diabetes patients, which is equivalent to about four to five cups of black tea. Of course, black tea has less caffeine content, but it definitely does. Therefore, excessive consumption of black tea can also cause an increase in blood sugar levels in diabetes patients.
- Excessive consumption of black tea can also cause cancer problem due to presence of special element called tannin. At the moment, further research is needed in this regard, as it is not yet clear whether the amount of tannin present in black tea is capable of causing cancer risk.
If till now you have been drinking black tea just for taste, then after reading this article you must have come to know very well about the benefits of black tea. Therefore, next time when you drink black tea, do not forget its health benefits. Also, keep in mind that this is not a cure for any disease. Getting treatment from a doctor in critical condition is the right decision. Yes, you do not fall ill, this tea can definitely help you in that work. Also, consume it in balanced quantity, because there are disadvantages of drinking black tea in large amounts. If you want to know more about Black Tea, then you can reach your questions through the comment box below.