Whenever someone suddenly has chest pain, they are afraid of heart attack. Of course, sometimes it can be a concern, but not every time chest pain is a heart attack. There may be more reasons for chest pain. In such a situation, the question arises as to what causes chest pain and what is its treatment. You will find the answer to this question in this article of Stylecrase. Know here what to do if you have chest pain and how to treat chest pain at home. In this article, there are some remedies which can help to reduce the problem to some extent. At the same time, if the condition of chest pain is severe, then its medical treatment is necessary.
Know in detail
Before knowing the home remedies for chest pain, let us first know the cause of chest pain.
Causes of chest pain – Causes of Chest Pain Hindi
The reasons for chest pain can vary from person to person. Some have left side chest pan of chest and some have right side chest pan. Also, someone may have this pain for a longer and longer period of time, then someone may have it for a shorter period of time. Let’s tell about the cause of chest pain:
- heart attack.
- Angina when the blood vessels of the heart are blocked.
- Pericarditis, which is caused by inflammation in a sac near the heart.
- Cardiomyopathy, a disease of the heart muscle.
- Aortic dissection, when aorta (a large blood vessel that carries blood from the heart to the entire body) explodes, causing sudden chest pain.
- Pleurisy, swelling of the surrounding lining of the lungs.
- Pneumothorax, which occurs in the chest due to leakage of air from the lungs.
- Pulmonary embolism or blood clot.
Muscle or bone causes
- Injured or broken rib.
- Muscle ache due to exhaustion.
- Pressure on nerves due to fracture.
- Panic attack, in which breathing becomes rapid.
- Swelling on the rib joint from the breast bone.
- Intercostal muscle tension.
Digestive system causes
- Stomach cramps
- Stomach ulcers
Keep reading articles
Know about its symptoms after the cause of chest pain.
Symptoms of chest pain – Symptoms of chest pain
There are no symptoms of chest pain as chest pain is not a disease. This may be a symptom of the reasons stated above, including some serious problems. To treat chest pain it is necessary to treat its causes.
After the symptoms of chest pain, in the next part of the article, know what to do if you have chest pain.
Home Remedies for chest pain – home remedies for chest pain
This part of the article talks about some ingredients that can be a home remedy for chest pain. Here, let us tell the readers that these prescriptions can reduce the chest pans to some extent, but they are not a permanent cure for their causes. In this case, it is important to understand the cause of chest pain and get medical treatment, so that the problem does not become more serious.
Know below what to do if you have chest pain.
- A spoonful of garlic juice
- A cup of lukewarm water
What to do?
- To cure chest pain, add one teaspoon of garlic juice to one cup of lukewarm water.
- Mix it well and drink it daily.
- If desired, you can chew two pieces of garlic every morning.
how does it work?
The pages of history suggest that Hippocrates (a great Greek physician) used garlic to treat chest pain. Among the causes of chest pans, we have described that heart disease can be a cause of chest pain, and the use of garlic is believed to be somewhat helpful in preventing heart disease. It can reduce the risk of heart disease risk factors like high blood pressure, diabetes etc. At the moment, further research is still needed on this topic.
A research published by NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) has found that vitamin-D deficiency in the body can cause chest pan. Indeed, research suggests that vitamin-D deficiency can lead to non-cardiac chest pains (chest pans not caused by heart disease). To avoid this, sources of vitamin D such as fatty fish (salmon or tuna), cheese, egg yolk or mushroom can be consumed.
3. Turmeric milk
- Half a teaspoon turmeric powder
- A glass of hot milk
What to do?
- Mix half a teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of milk.
- Drink this turmeric milk for ayurvedic treatment of chest pain.
how does it work?
Turmeric is believed to be a home remedy for chest pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It lowers high levels of cholesterol and its prolonged intake may also help protect against heart disease.
- Eight to ten basil leaves
What to do?
- To cure chest pain, chew basil leaves.
- Apart from this, one can also drink basil tea.
- The juice of basil leaves can be consumed by adding honey to it.
How does it work
Basil has been used for centuries to keep the body healthy. You might be surprised to know that it can also be used as a home remedy for chest pain. The use of Tulsi is believed to help reduce the causes of chest pain such as heart disease, stones, swelling etc.
5. Red Chili
- One fourth teaspoon red chilli powder
- A glass of juice of any fruit
What to do?
- Add red chili powder to a glass of fruit juice.
- Drink this juice for home remedies for chest pain.
How does it work
Capsaicin is a type of phytochemical found in chilies. This chemical is believed to help reduce the risk of multiple risk factors that cause chest pain, such as angina, heart disease, stomach ulcers. As we have told that chest pain is not a disease and to treat it, it is necessary to treat the reason behind it. In this way, the use of chillies can treat chest pain at home.
6. Fenugreek seeds
- A spoonful of fenugreek seeds
What to do?
- To cure chest pain, soak fenugreek seeds in water one night before and eat them the next morning.
- In addition, boil one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water for five minutes. Then filter and drink this water.
how does it work?
As we have mentioned, there can be many reasons for chest pain. Breathlessness can also be a reason in these. In this case, fenugreek can be used to treat chest pain homely. A research published by NCBI suggests that the consumption of fenugreek seeds may help reduce chronic chest pans (chronic chest pain). At the moment, further research needs to be done on this topic.
- Three to four almonds
What to do?
- Soak the almonds in water for a few hours.
- Then remove the peels and eat these almonds for the Ayurvedic treatment of chest pain.
- For quick relief, equal quantity of almond oil and rose oil can be applied on the chest.
how does it work?
You must have heard about the benefits of almonds for the brain , but do you know that it can also be used to treat chest pain at home. As we have mentioned, chest pain is one of the most common symptoms of heart related problems. Almonds reduce bad cholesterol in the body and can help maintain adequate levels of good cholesterol. With its help, heart disease and the chest pains caused by it can be avoided.
Read the article till the end
After home remedy for chest pain, know the treatment of chest pain in the next part of the article.
Treatment of chest pain – Treatments for chest pain
Just as there is not one due to chest pain, similarly it is also not treated. Talking about medical treatment of chest pens, it depends entirely on what is causing the pain. Keeping this in mind, doctors can give treatment and other information related to chest pain.
In the next part of the article, know when to visit a doctor for chest pens.
When should a doctor consult?
It is advisable to visit the doctor immediately under the circumstances given below:-
- Sudden pressure in chest
- Chest pain increases when the jaw, left arm or shoulder starts coming.
- Chest pain accompanied by nausea, dizziness, sweating, loud heartbeat or difficulty in breathing.
- Sudden chest pain more than usual or for a long time.
- Chest pain while resting.
- Sudden breathing and chest pain after getting up after a long trip, long rest or sitting in one place for longer.
- Greenish yellow mucus with high fever and cough.
- Difficulty swallowing.
Read further about some yogasanas which can help in relieving chest pain.
Yogasana to get relief from chest pain
1. Surya Namaskar
Surya Namaskar can be adopted to get relief from chest pain. It is believed that doing Surya Namaskar daily can help in keeping the heart healthy. The Surya-Namaskar consists of 12 postures, which are step by step. These steps are explained in detail below –
- Pranam Asana: First of all, stand upright and bring your hands near the chest and make a posture of Namaskar.
- Hastautanasana: While breathing, raise your hands and try to bend back by bringing your hands near the ears.
- Padhastasan: Now while exhaling, bend forward and try to keep the palms on the ground. Now try to touch the knee from the forehead without bending the knees.
- Ashva Sankalanasana: To do this asana, sit on the left foot while breathing in and then move the right foot back. During this, the right knee should remain on the ground. Now try to look up, spreading the chest forward.
- Parvatasana: Now exhaling, move the left leg backwards and try to lift the body from the middle. During this, keep the arms straight and try to keep the ankles with the ground.
- Ashtangasan: Now while breathing in, put the knees on the ground and apply the chest and chin to the ground.
- Bhujangasana: For this, try to lift the upper part from the waist to the abdomen without leaving the breath. Also keep the palms adjacent to the ground.
- Parvatasana: Now, while exhaling, lift the body from the middle. Keep in mind that during this time keep the arms straight and the ankles touch the ground.
- Ashva Sankalanasana: For this posture, breathe in, bring the right leg forward and sit down. Keep the left leg straight and make the left knee touch the ground.
- Padhastasan: Breathing outward, bring the left foot forward. During this, keep the palms from the ground and the forehead from the knee.
- Hastautanasana: For this, raise your hands up while breathing and try to lean back.
- Pranam Asana: Now come back to the salutation posture like the initial posture.
2. Bhujang asana
If someone is having chest pain due to respiratory problems like asthma, Bhujangasana can be adopted to get relief from it. Know below how to do it –
- To do Bhujangasana, first of all, see a quiet place, spread your yoga mat and lie on your stomach.
- During this, keep the hands on either side of the head and keep the forehead on the ground. At this time, keep your feet also straight and keep a short distance between the two legs.
- After this, bring your palms equal to your shoulders. Now take long deep breaths and press the ground with hands and try to lift the body up to the navel.
- In this process, first you have to raise your head, then the chest and finally the navel area.
- While in this state, try to look at the sky while moving the neck back.
- During this, keep the weight of your body equal on both hands and keep breathing normally.
- After staying in this position for a few seconds, release the breath slowly and come to the initial state.
- This entire process will be considered a cycle. You can complete four to five cycles of this asana according to your ability.
3. Margery posture
Margariasan can also be done to get relief from chest pain. It is believed that it can relieve chest pain caused due to digestive system disturbances. Know about the method of doing this –
- First of all, spread the yoga mat and sit in Vajrasana.
- Now keep the hands on the ground in front and then come on the hands and knees. In this posture, the shape of the body will appear like a cat.
- After this, while breathing in, press the spine down and try to raise the neck.
- After staying in this position for a while, while exhaling, exhale the spine and try to tilt the neck inward.
- After a while in this state, gradually come to Vajrasana.
- This one cycle is complete. According to your ability you can complete three to four cycles of this.
The following things can also be taken care of to avoid chest pain.
Other remedies for chest pain – Other Tips for Chest Pain
After knowing what to do if you have chest pain, know further what things are important to keep in mind to avoid chest pain.
- Avoid more physical exertion.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Do not consume alcohol
- Avoid tobacco consumption
- Keep yourself stress free.
- Jogging, morning walk and general exercise under the supervision of a trainer.
After reading this article, you will have now understood the cause and symptoms of chest pain. Also, you should have got information about what to do if you have chest pain. In case of normal chest pain, you can do home remedy for chest pain mentioned in the article. At the same time, if the pain is not decreasing, then contact the doctor immediately. We hope you find this article helpful.