Sometimes we ignore some physical problems as minor. In such a situation, that problem can become serious over time. One such problem is also of neck pain. Sometimes, everyone has a problem of neck pain. This is the kind of pain that is often out of bear. In such a situation, it is necessary to treat it properly. Many times when this pain increases, then its head, hands and shoulders also come in the grip. If you too are troubled due to neck pain, then we have brought this article of stylecraze specially for you. In this article we will discuss about the causes of neck pain and home remedies for neck pain in detail.
Below is detailed information
In the first part of this article, we are talking about what is neck pain.
What is neck pain
Neck pain can occur in any part of the neck. These include muscles, veins, bones, joints, and discs between bones. When someone has neck pain, he may have difficulty moving the neck. Such as turning the neck on one side or tilting it back and forth. Some people get stiff neck due to this pain. At the same time, if the pain in one’s neck has started due to pressure on the nerves, it can cause numbness, tingling or weakness in the hands (1) .
Let us now know what causes neck pain.
Causes of neck pain
Common causes of Green’s pain include muscle strain or tension. This may be due to everyday activities, which are as follows:
- Tilt on one side of the neck for hours.
- Watching TV or reading a book sitting in a bad posture.
- The computer monitor is at a higher or lower height, which has to be moved up or down the neck to see.
- Sleeping in uncomfortable posture.
- Do not bend the neck properly while exercising.
- Lifting things too quickly or in bad posture.
- An accident or fall can also cause neck injuries, which can cause neck pain.
Other causes of neck pain include:
- Medical conditions such as fibromyalgia.
- Cervical Arthritis or Spondylosis.
- Disc between broken bones.
- Small fracture in the spine due to osteoporosis.
- spinal stenosis.
- Sprains in the neck.
- Spinal cord infections (osteomyelitis, discitis, abscess).
- Causes of cancer-affected spine.
Let us know what the home remedies for neck pain can be.
Home Remedies For Neck Pain
If someone suddenly has mild pain in the neck, then he can reduce this pain at home through home remedies. At the same time, if the pain is more, then contact the doctor without delay. This material may prove useful in the treatment of neck pain.
1. Essential Oil
- Few drops of lavender oil
- Few drops of basil oil
Method of use:
- Mix both essential oils well.
- Then massage the neck with this mixture for a few minutes.
- This process can be repeated twice a day.
Massaging the neck with this mixture made with lavender and basil oil can relieve neck pain. According to a scientific research published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), patients with neck pain used lavender oil for a few weeks to massage. After this, his neck pain was significantly reduced. Along with this, improvement was also found in back pain and spine bones. Actually, lavender oil has analgesic properties, which can serve to relieve pain ( 2 ). At the same time, basil oil also has analgesic properties i.e. pain reduction, which can prove effective in relieving neck pain ( 3 ).
2. Apple Vinegar
- Apple vinegar
- Paper napkin or tissue
Method of use:
- Soak the napkin in apple vinegar and place it on the neck.
- Leave it on the neck for one hour.
- It can be used twice a day.
Apple vinegar can be considered as one of the best home remedies in the remedy of neck pain. According to a scientific study, apple vinegar can reduce joint pain. It can also improve the condition of arthritis (4) . In the same way, it can also relieve neck pain. In this case, it can be said that neck pain can be cured with apple vinegar. At the moment, further research is needed on this, so that it can be found that it is helpful in relieving the pain of the quality.
3. Ice Pack
- An ice pack
Method of use:
- Let the ice pack remain in the affected area for some time.
If someone has neck pain, they can use ice packs to get relief from this pain. Actually, ice can reduce the swelling of the neck. Cold can relieve neck pain (5) .
4. Rock Salt
- 1/2 cup rock salt
- Lukewarm water
- a bathtub
Method of use:
- Fill the bathtub with three fourths of lukewarm water and add rock salt to it.
- Keep sitting in this water for 10-15 minutes till the neck.
Rock salt can be used as a medicine in the treatment of neck pain. Rock salt is called Epsom salt in English, while its scientific name is magnesium sulfate, which dissolves easily in water. It is used to reduce muscle aches and pains as well as itching and swelling. This can relieve neck pain (6) .
Keep reading article
Next we are giving information about how neck pain can be treated.
Neck Pain Treatment – Neck Pain Treatment
Neck pain can be overcome with the help of some remedies other than home remedies, which include this remedy (7) :
- Manipulation and Mobilization – Both of these methods can be adopted to treat neck pain. These methods can be used to relieve pain and improve joint movements. In mobilization, the joints are moved as slowly as possible. At the same time, manipulation attempts to stress the bone and muscles with caution. It is also known as chiropractic adjustment treatment. This may provide pain relief for some time, but how much it is effective in treating neck pain still needs further research. This is because in some patients, it can also increase rather than decrease pain.
- Laser therapy- Sometimes laser therapy may be needed to reduce neck pain. It is only good to have it done by a medical expert in case of severe pain. Low level laser therapy is also known as cold laser therapy. It does not heat tissues like other laser therapies. Those adopting this treatment believe that the laser beam can reduce inflammation and promote blood flow or stimulate the veins. For the time being, further research needs to be done in this regard. Also, how effective is low level laser therapy in treating neck pain, it is also difficult to say clearly.
- Medication- Many types of medicines can be used in the treatment of neck pain. Many people use pen killers for pain relief. Such drugs are also known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, of which ibuprofen and diclofenac are prominent. In addition, some people use acetaminophen (paracetamol). Take these medicines only on the advice of a doctor.
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture is a method in which small needles are placed on the site of pain. This method is greatly adopted to relieve pain. When acupuncture is performed on any part of the body, blood circulation improves, which relieves pain (8) . A trained acupuncture therapist should be contacted to do this.
- Massage- Massage helps in relieving any kind of pain. Massaging the painful part improves blood circulation (9) . Apart from this, massage also helps in sleeping. Keep in mind that if someone has more pain, do not rub the affected part. Also, a specialist should get a massage.
- Vitamins- Vitamins help the body to function properly. When vitamins start to decrease from the body, many problems start to arise. One of these is to have body pain. If someone is constantly struggling with neck pain, taking the necessary vitamins can provide relief. These vitamins are as follows:
- Vitamin-D – Use of Vitamin-D can be beneficial in relieving neck pain. Indeed, vitamin-D is better at reducing pain related to bones and joints (10) .
- Vitamin B- Vitamin B12 can be considered a good treatment to improve pain conditions. Also, no side effects have been seen so far ( 11 ). Still more research is needed in this regard.
- Vitamin C and E- Vitamin-C is an antineceptive agent, which helps in reducing pain. It also contains antioxidants, which can reduce pain (12)
Next you will read how effective exercise and yoga can be for the remedy of neck pain.
Exercises and Yoga for neck pain
Neck pain can also be treated through exercise. A study done in this regard has given that exercising improves neck pain. Also, exercise makes the body flexible and can help strengthen muscles. Pain problems may be reduced when the neck is flexible (13) . Doing the exercise described below can provide immediate relief in neck pain:
- Turn your head slowly forward and backward. Then tilt to the right and left.
- When your muscles are tense, tilt your head completely to the right and then to the left. During this time there may be some pain, so do it comfortably.
- Repeat this exercise at least 20 times.
- For better results, do this exercise every few hours.
According to a research published on the NCBI website, neck pain can be reduced with the help of yoga. It is a safe and effective way to reduce neck pain (14) . For the relief of neck pain, the following yoga can be done –
- Bhardwajasana – This is a very effective asana for relieving neck and shoulder pain.
- Marjarasan – It is also known as Kat Pose in English. This asana stretches the muscles of the spine and back, which can relieve neck pain.
- Uttan Shishosan – Like Marjarasan, doing this yoga asana will also stretch the spine and speed up blood circulation in the neck and head.
- Balasana – Also known as Child Pose. It involves stretching the neck and back. Do this asana to get into a state of rest while doing other asanas.
In the next part of this we will explain whether the neck collar can reduce the neck.
Can a neck collar reduce neck pain?
The neck collar mainly supports the neck and helps in handling head load. A neck collar helps to keep the neck and bone in a straight line when an injury occurs, but it should be used on the advice of a doctor (15) . If there is more neck pain, then you can take a break in the middle of work. While working in the office, get up every hour and slightly shake the neck. Also, pay attention to your posture. This method can help relieve neck pain. Also, avoid eating junk food and include green vegetables and fruits in your diet. Your excess weight can also cause muscle strain.
Next we will read about how to avoid neck pain.
Prevention Tips for Neck Pain
It is very easy to avoid the problem of neck pain. If you work at the computer or chair for a long time in the day, you can prevent neck pain by adopting the trick described below (16) .
- Throughout the day, stretch the neck by taking a few minutes during work.
- If you do any work connected to a call center or call receive, then it is better to use headphones.
- Keep it up to your eye level while working on a computer or laptop.
- If you sit on the chair for a long time, make sure that the chair is comfortable. This will not put pressure on back, neck and shoulders etc.
Other measures taken to prevent neck pain include:
- Avoid standing in one place for a long time.
- Instead of high heels, wear shoes that are comfortable to wear.
- If you are on a long journey, then stop and interrupt the body for a while.
- Use comfortable cushions and mattresses while sleeping at night.
Although there is not much problem with neck pain, it is necessary to correct it on time, because due to carelessness, this problem can be serious. To get relief from this, keep in mind his reasons and try to avoid them. Apart from this, the above mentioned home remedies and tips can prove to be effective. We hope that the information given in this article of ours will prove useful to you. Also read Stylcrase for other health related information.