The immune system plays an important role in keeping the body healthy. The immune system helps to protect the body from diseases by fighting diseases, but sometimes the immune system is weakened due to various reasons, including celiac. Due to this disease, a person may have to face many physical problems along with heavy pain. Therefore, it is important that you have the necessary information related to this disease. This article by Stilkrej has explained about the causes of celiac disease, the symptoms of celiac disease, and the treatment of celiac disease, so that all can be saved from this disease. At the same time, if someone is ill, he can get treatment properly.
Let us first know what is this celiac disease.
What is celiac disease – What is Celiac Disease
Celiac is a disease associated with the body’s immune system. During this problem there is a need to avoid the consumption of gluten-rich foods. Gluten is a type of protein found in wheat, rye and barley. In addition, gluten can be in vitamins and supplements, products made for hair and skin. If gluten is consumed during celiac disease, it can damage the small intestine. Celiac can affect different people in different ways. In the following article, information about the cause and symptoms of celiac disease is given ( 1 ).
Let’s know about the causes and risk factors for celiac disease.
Causes and Risk Factors of Celiac Disease – Causes and Risk Factors of Celiac Disease
Although the cause of celiac disease is not fully known, but some of the causes and risk factors can be understood through some of the points given below – ( 2 ) ( 3 ).
- Intake of gluten.
- Not being able to absorb nutrients properly by the body.
- Early feeding practice (related to feeding infants)
We will now read about the symptoms of celiac disease.
Symptoms of celiac disease – Symptoms of celiac disease
Symptoms of celiac disease can occur in different forms in individuals, which we are following below in a sequential manner ( 2 ):
Gastrointestinal symptoms associated with celiac disease-
- stomach pain
- Abdominal bloating
- Gas or indigestion
- Loss of appetite
- nausea and vomiting
- Stool smell
Some other symptoms of celiac –
- Depression or anxiety
- Child development
- hair fall
- Skin rash and itching
- Non-menstrual periods
- Mouth ulcers
- Muscle spasms and joint pain
- Runny nose
- Tingling or numbness in hands and feet
Symptoms of celiac disease in children can also be seen in this way:
- Tooth Enamel weakening. It is a type of layer that protects teeth from sensitivity.
- Muscle damage.
- Irritability in practice.
- Weight gain.
- Length not increasing properly.
Next we will learn about the diagnosis of celiac disease.
Diagnosis of celiac disease- Diagnosis of Celiac Disease
Sometimes it is difficult for a doctor to diagnose celiac disease, because its symptoms look like symptoms of some other problems. Know below how celiac disease can be diagnosed ( 4 ).
- Genetic information- The doctor can ask whether anyone in the family has had celiac disease before.
- Examination of the body- The doctor can check the amount of rashes and nutrition on the body. You can also examine the abdomen with a stethoscope.
- Dental examination – To check for celiac disease in some people, dental examination can also be helpful. As we mentioned above, the color of teeth of a person affected by celiac disease changes.
- Blood test- This test can also be important in the testing of celiac disease. For this, blood is sent to the laboratory, where antibodies present in the blood are detected. If the antibodies are not detected properly after examining the blood, the doctor may also ask for other blood tests.
- Visceral biopsy- If the celiac is not detected after examining the blood, the doctor may perform a biopsy examination. During this test, a small piece of tissue is taken from the small intestine, which can help in detecting the disease.
- Skin biopsy – Doctors can perform skin biopsy. For this, small tissue of the skin is removed and examined with a microscope.
Treatment of celiac disease is being given in the next section.
Treatment of celiac disease – treatment of celiac disease
Several methods can be adopted in the treatment of celiac disease, which are as follows ( 2 ):
- Gluten Free Diet- Gluten free diet can play an important role in the treatment of celiac. As we mentioned above, gluten-rich diet is also a reason for celiac. Therefore, gluten free diet can be used in its treatment. This type of diet is explained in further detail in the article.
- Use of medicine- Some medicines (prednisolone) can also be used in the treatment of this disease. Which doctors can give you during treatment.
Next we will read about the complications due to celiac disease.
Complications of celiac disease – Complications of celiac disease
If celiac disease is not treated at the right time, some such complications can occur ( 2 ).
- Autoimmune diseases may occur. This is the situation in which the immune system accidentally starts harming the body.
- Diseases related to bones, such as – osteoporosis or fracture.
- Bowel cancer
- Anemia problem.
- Risk of infertility or miscarriage.
- Liver disease.
Further in the article, we are telling what kind of diet should be taken in case of celiac.
Celiac Disease Diet – Celiac Disease Diet
Gluten free diet is recommended while treating celiac disease. These foods may be included in this list ( 5 ).
- Fruits and vegetables
- Chicken and Fish (made in a normal way without gravy)
- dairy foods
- Gluten Free Oats, Pasta, Bread
Do not take these gluten rich foods:
Let us now talk about some measures to avoid celiac disease.
Prevention Tips for Celiac Disease – Prevention Tips for Celiac Disease
To avoid any kind of problem, it is necessary to adopt some measures. Similarly to avoid celiac disease, the following measures can be followed –
- Proper diet (gluten free).
- Exercise regularly.
- Promoting fluid intake.
- Avoiding alcohol consumption.
- Regular medical tests.
After reading this article, it became clear what is celiac disease and what may be its causes and symptoms. In addition, the article also explains in detail how celiac disease can be treated. Also, to avoid this disease, follow the preventive measures mentioned in the article and pay special attention to the symptoms of celiac. If you want, you can also share the information related to celiac disease mentioned in the article with others. For any question or suggestion related to this topic, you can contact us with the help of the comment box below.