You will also believe that the stomach is good, even the whole day is good. At the same time, if there is something wrong with the stomach, then the mood remains strange throughout the day and there is no mind in any work. Now when talking about stomach, it is also possible to mention appendix. It is a small part of our intestine. Many problems can be encountered if there is pain or swelling in the appendix. In this article of Stylecrase, we will talk about appendix itself. In this article, we are giving some home remedies which can help in protecting against appendix. At the same time, in the condition of appendix, it can reduce its symptoms to some extent and increase the effect of medical treatment. In this article, we are going in detail about what is appendix and how to treat appendix as well as symptoms of appendix.
In the article, we are first talking about what is appendix.
What is appendix – What is Appendix
Appendicitis is a problem related to appendix. This is due to inflammation or infection in the appendix. Appendix is a kind of small sac attached to the large intestine. It occurs in the lower right part of the stomach. If someone has appendicitis, then it should be treated in time. If left untreated, it can cause many serious health problems. These problems occur when any type of blockage occurs in the appendix. Due to blockage in appendix, bacteria start to grow inside it, which can also cause pain.
In the next part of the article we are going to explain how different types of appendix can be.
Types of appendix
There are mainly two types of appendix, which we are elaborating below:
- Acute appendicitis- Acute appendicitis is a type of severe and sudden onset appendicitis. Its symptoms can only increase in a day or two. Acute appendicitis needs to be treated immediately. If not treated in time, the appendix may also burst. This may lead to other complications. Acute appendicitis is more common than chronic appendicitis.
- Chronic appendicitis – The problem of chronic appendicitis is much less than that of acute appendicitis. Once this appendicitis is cured, there is little chance of it happening again. Diagnosing chronic appendicitis can be difficult. Sometimes it becomes very difficult to identify it. This type of appendicitis can be more harmful.
Later in this article, we are talking about causes and risk factors of appendix.
Causes and Risk Factors of Appendix
There can be more than one reason for appendicitis, but it is difficult to say clearly about them. Therefore, here we are explaining some of the main reasons:
- Appendix interruption.
- An enlargement of the tissue in the appendix wall due to infection in the gastrointestinal tract, or gastrointestinal tract or other part of the stomach.
- Abdominal bloating.
- Increase of parasites in the interior of appendix.
Appendicitis risk factors
- Digestion problem.
- Unhealthy dietary intake.
In the next part of this article, we are talking about the symptoms of appendix.
Symptoms of appendix – appendix symptoms
The most common symptom of appendix is abdominal pain. This pain may suddenly increase and can be painful when coughing, sneezing or breathing fast. Apart from appendix, there are some other symptoms, which are explained below:
- stomach ache
- Loss of appetite
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Gas problem
- Stomach bloating
- Problems with bowel movement
Keep reading this article to know the home remedies to get relief from appendix.
Some home remedies for appendix pain – home remedies for appendix pain
Appendicitis is a serious disease. In this stage, getting a medical treatment from a doctor is the best option. It is not possible to cure completely with the help of home remedies. Home remedies can reduce the pain and some other symptoms caused by it. Therefore, treatment with home remedies in the state of appendix is not the right decision. Here we are telling those home remedies, which can reduce the pain of appendix.
1. Castor oil
The benefits of castor oil may include reducing the pain caused by appendicitis. According to a research published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), castor oil is found to contain resinolic acid, which has anti-inflammatory and analgesic (analgesic) properties. Castor oil can help reduce some of the pain and inflammation in appendicitis caused by this acid. For this, you can apply castor oil in a cloth and keep it for a few minutes over the area affected by appendicitis.
2. Green Tea
The benefits of green tea can work to relieve appendix pain. Many types of nutrients are found in green tea, the intake of which can help to overcome physical problems. Green tea has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. These can help reduce pain and swelling of appendix as well as help in relieving other stomach problems. Thus the problem of appendicitis can be reduced to some extent. At the moment, more scientific study is still needed in this regard. About two cups of green tea can be consumed throughout the day.
3. Ginseng Tea
The benefits of ginseng tea also include reducing some symptoms of appendix. Immune system can be strengthened by the intake of ginseng tea. Many diseases can be kept away from the functioning of the immune system properly. Also, the improvement of the immune system can help to overcome the problem of appendix. Thus it can be said that ginseng tea is somewhat beneficial in appendix. At the moment, further scientific studies are needed in this regard.
Ginger is used as an Ayurvedic medicine in many health related problems. Appendix can also be one of the same problems. Ginger is rich in anti-inflammatory properties, which can reduce inflammation and pain. At the same time, a medical report published on the NCBI website has also confirmed that ginger can help reduce swelling and pain. It has analgesic properties . Ginger tea can be of some use in appendix.
Juice intake can also be beneficial to get relief from appendix. For this, sugar beet and carrot juice can prove to be the most beneficial. Beet has anti-inflammatory properties, which can relieve pain by reducing inflammation. This can reduce the inflammation caused by appendix for some time. Thus juice can also help in home treatment of appendix.
Note: If someone is taking medicines for any other disease, please consult the doctor before including the above mentioned foods in your diet.
In this part of the article, we are talking about the possible treatment of appendix.
If the doctor suspects that there is appendicitis, he may suggest an abdominal ultrasound. Ultrasound can detect inflammation or any other type of problem in the appendix. If needed, the doctor may ask for a CT scan instead of ultrasound. Appendix can be seen better in a CT scan than with an ultrasound. After these tests, doctors can treat the following:
- Surgery can be resorted to to overcome the problem of appendix. We will explain further about these surgeries.
- In the treatment of appendix, the pus present in it can be removed with the help of injection.
- Appendix problems can be prevented from increasing by using antibiotics, as this problem is usually caused by infection.
- There may be severe pain in the position of appendix. In such a situation, this problem can be reduced by the use of pain reducing medicines.
- Appendix treatment can be promoted by increasing the amount of substance in the diet.
Doctors may suggest surgery if the appendix is in critical condition. This surgery is done in two ways, which is explained below:
- Laparoscopic surgery- During this surgery, the surgeon performs appendicitis removal through several small incisions. Laparoscopic surgery has fewer complications. For example, hospital-related infections etc. and recovery is also quick.
- Laparotomy Surgery- In laparotomy surgery, doctors remove appendicitis by making an incision in the lower right side of the abdomen.
Appendicitis can be completely cured through surgery. There is also no need to make much changes in daily life after surgery. However, surgeons recommend reducing physical activity for 10–14 days after laparotomy surgery and 3–5 days after laparoscopic surgery, as appendix pain may resume if not done.
Let us now know what precautions to take in the event of appendix.
Appendix Diet – Appendix Diet
It is recommended to eat fiber-rich foods to reduce the problem of appendix. These fiber-rich diets include ( 10 ) ( 11 ):
- Vegetables- (salad leaves, carrots, spinach, mushroom pumpkin, broccoli and potatoes)
- Fruit- (apple, banana, pear, berries and figs)
- Cereals – (oatmeal, brown rice, popcorn and wheat and its foods)
Next we are talking about prevention from appendix.
Prevention of appendix – Prevention Tips for Appendix in Hindi
Appendix can be avoided if certain regular rules are followed. Follow these rules to avoid the problem of appendix.
- Increase the intake of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Drink plenty of water daily.
- Exercise regularly, so that all the organs of the body work well and the digestive system is also fine.
- Pay attention to the cleanliness of the hands before the diet.
It is clear from scientific evidence how appendicitis occurs and how home remedies are helpful in curing the symptoms of appendix. Also, to get rid of appendix completely, seek the help of a doctor. At the same time, take some rest after surgery, so that there is no possibility of this problem happening again. If you have any other question regarding this topic, then share it with us through the comment box below. We will try to respond with scientific evidence at the earliest.
You will further know the answers to the most frequently asked questions for this problem.