People face many diseases throughout their life. Some diseases are very common, which are cured within two to four days. At the same time, there are some diseases whose involvement in life is like a knock of death. One such dangerous and fatal disease is Hepatitis B. Looking at the severity of this disease, in this article of Stylecrase, we are going to tell you in detail about the symptoms, causes and treatment of Hepatitis B. Nevertheless, you have to keep in mind that the home remedies for Hepatitis B told through the article can provide some relief, but with the help of these, the problem cannot be completely eliminated. Therefore, it is important to consult a doctor once for the treatment of Hepatitis B.
So before getting any other information related to the topic, it is important to know a little about Hepatitis B.
What are Hepatitis B – What are Hepatitis B
Hepatitis B is an infectious disease caused by the hepatitis B virus. This disease can happen at any age and anyone. But the possibility of this disease in children is considered very strong. In this, the patient’s liver is mainly affected. Infection causes inflammation in the liver, which can lead to other physical complications over time. At the same time, in some serious conditions it can also cause fatal liver damage or cirrhosis (liver does not work completely). Although this condition is rare, the patient may also die due to this infection in a very severe state (1) .
After knowing what is Hepatitis B, we will tell you about its type in the next part of the article.
Types of Hepatitis B – Types of Hepatitis B
There are two main types of hepatitis B infection (1) .
1. Acute Hepatitis B
It is a common type of hepatitis B. In this, the problems of the patient end in two to three weeks. At the same time, the liver returns to normal in four to six months.
2. Chronic Hepatitis B
This type of hepatitis B can prove to be quite fatal and can also cause severe liver damage or cirrhosis under certain circumstances. This type of hepatitis B does not show any symptoms for a long time and by the time the symptoms are seen, it is quite late. This type of hepatitis B is mainly seen in children. At the same time, some adults whose immunity is weak, fall prey to it.
In the next part of the article, we will now give you information related to Hepatitis B risk factors.
Causes and Risk Factors of Hepatitis B
As we mentioned above, Hepatitis B virus is caused by Hepatitis B infection. This infection can affect a healthy person through hepatitis B risk factors. These risk factors are described as point wise (1) –
- By using an infected needle.
- Skin and mouth sores or cut (eye) conditions with the eye’s bodily fluids such as: – direct contact of blood or saliva.
- Unprotected sex with an infected person.
- Due to transfusion of infected blood.
- By being in constant contact with infected blood (the person undergoing a health check-up).
- People who have undergone dialysis (the process of cleaning the blood with the help of a machine) for a long time.
- By making unsafe needles tattooing
- By sharing personal things like a toothbrush or razor with an infected person.
- From infected pregnant mother to child.
Now we will tell you about the symptoms of Hepatitis B in the next part of the article.
Symptoms of Hepatitis B – Symptoms of Hepatitis B
However, the symptoms of hepatitis do not appear at all in the initial days. But in some situations you may get to see the following effect (1) .
- Feeling of weakness for a few days or weeks.
- Getting sick very often
- Loss of appetite.
- Excessive fatigue.
- mild fever.
- Joint and muscle pain problem.
- Nausea and vomiting problem.
- Yellowing on the skin.
- Dark colored urine.
After knowing the symptoms of Hepatitis B, let us now get a little information about the home remedies for this problem.
Home Remedies for Hepatitis B
1. Milk Thistle
- Milk Thistle Tea Bag
How to use
- Take a cup of hot water first.
- Now put the milk thistle tea bag in the cup and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sip the prepared tea after the time is over.
- Regularly this tea can be used once or twice a day.
Use of milk thistle tea as a home remedy for Hepatitis B can prove beneficial. Actually, a special element called silybin is found in milk thistle seeds, which has a liver protective (liver-protecting) effect. It is also found to have anti-inflammatory (inflammatory-reducing) properties, which can also help to jointly reduce the risk of hepatitis B virus with its risks (2) .
- Two to three garlic cloves
How to use
- Use garlic in food items.
- If desired, garlic can also be used directly for food.
- Garlic must be consumed once a day through either of the two methods given.
According to a research published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), a special element named Allicin is found in garlic. Due to this special element, garlic has antimicrobial (deadly bacteria destroying), immunomodulatory (enhancing immunity) and antiviral (virus destroying) properties (3) (4) . As we told you that Hepatitis B is a virus infection and it affects the liver (1) .
In this case, antimicrobial and immunomodulatory properties can help to overcome metabolic disorders by improving the body’s immunity. For this reason, both these effects can be seen to have positive benefits on liver problems caused by Hepatitis B (3) (4) . At the same time, the antiviral effect present in it can be considered beneficial in reducing the effect of Hepatitis B virus. However, there is no direct evidence to prove how effective it can be on the hepatitis B virus.
- Two to four pieces of ginger
- A cup of water
How to use
- Take a cup of water in a saucepan and put ginger pieces in it and put it on the gas until it boils.
- After boiling the water properly, filter it in a cup and separate it and wait for it to cool slightly.
- When the water becomes lukewarm, sip it and drink it.
- This process can be repeated about one to two times a day.
According to experts, ginger has a hepatoprotective (liver-protecting) and antiviral (virus-destroying) effect (5) (6) . As you have already been told in the article that hepatitis is a virus infection that causes liver inflammation and damage. For this reason it can be assumed that home treatment of hepatitis B with the use of ginger may show beneficial results.
4. Green Tea
- A spoonful of green tea
- A cup of hot water
How to use
- First take a cup of hot water and add one teaspoon of green tea.
- Now leave it like this for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After the time is over, it can be sipped slowly and drunk.
- This process can be repeated one to two times a day.
The use of green tea for the treatment of hepatitis B may also prove beneficial. Actually, green tea contains a special element named Epigallocatechin Gallate, which has the ability to fight against hepatitis B virus. Apart from this, there are many other similar elements in green tea, which jointly help in relieving hepatitis B problem (7) (8) . For this reason, it would not be wrong to say that the use of green tea can be beneficial to get relief from this problem.
5. Red Ginseng
- A red ginning tea bag
- A cup of hot water
How to use
- Take a cup of hot water and put a red ginning tea bag in it.
- Let the tee back remain like this for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After the time is over, sip it and drink it.
- This process can be repeated from one to two times a day.
According to experts, red ginsing has an antiviral effect, which may also show positive results against hepatitis B virus, with a significant reduction in body immunity. In such a situation, it would not be wrong to say that Red Ginsing can be used as an alternative to Hepatitis B treatment.
- One spoon of natural honey
How to use
- Take a spoonful of honey regularly.
- It can be taken twice a day for better effect.
Honey has both hepatoprotective (liver damage) and antiviral (virus destroyer) properties (10) (11) . At the same time, it has been mentioned earlier in the article that both these properties can jointly reduce the risks from hepatitis B problem, but can also help in getting relief from it. For this reason, it can be believed that honey can be used as a better treatment option for Hepatitis B.
7. Sugarcane Juice
- Half a glass of sugarcane juice
How to use
- Drink fresh sugarcane juice daily.
You can also use sugarcane juice for Hepatitis B treatment. According to experts, sugarcane juice contains abundant elements like flavonoid and anthocyanin. Due to their presence, sugarcane juice exhibits potent antioxidant (inhibiting free radical damage) and hepatoprotective (liver damage protector) effects (12) . As we told you above, liver is mainly affected in Hepatitis B problem (1) . For this reason, it can be said that sugarcane juice can help in preventing the fatal consequences of hepatitis B by eliminating liver related risks.
8. Bitter Cola
- Bitter Cola Seed Supplement
How to use
- Contact the doctor about the quantity and process of taking Bitter Cola seed supplements and bring them to regular intake.
You can also use Bitter Cola for Hepatitis B treatment. Indeed, just like sugarcane juice, hepatoprotective (liver damage-protecting) effect is found in Bitter Cola (13) . Due to this effect, its use can serve to relieve the problem by slowing the effects of Hepatitis B.
- One teaspoon turmeric powder
- A glass of hot milk
How to use
- Take a glass of warm milk, add one teaspoon of turmeric and mix it well.
- Now drink it slowly.
- For better benefits, it is advisable to adopt this procedure daily before sleeping at night.
According to the World Journal of Gastroenterology, turmeric has antiviral effect along with other pharmacological properties, which directly helps reduce the effects of hepatitis B virus (14) . In view of this fact, it can be said that the use of turmeric can be helpful to get relief from Hepatitis B problem .
After knowing the home treatment of Hepatitis B, we will now tell you about the treatment of Hepatitis B to be adopted by the doctor.
Treatment of Hepatitis B – Treatment of Hepatitis B
Talking about the treatment of Hepatitis B, both acute and chronic hepatitis B in general do not require any prescribed treatment. Just a lot of rest if needed. Also, during this time, doctors recommend eating healthy food with more and more beverages. Yes, it is necessary that through the blood test, the level of activation of the virus in the infected person and the effect on other organs resulting from it is monitored. If the examination confirms that the person is suffering from chronic hepatitis B and the virus is having a severe effect on the body, then the doctor advises taking antiviral drugs to prevent it.
Now let us also take a look at the situations in which the doctor advises the patient to take medicine:
- When the infection soon began to have fatal effects on the liver.
- If there is any liver related problem for a long time.
- When hepatitis B virus is shown to be highly active in the blood.
- If the woman is pregnant.
After knowing the treatment of Hepatitis B, we will now tell you some important things related to it.
Prevention of Hepatitis B – Prevention Tips for Hepatitis B
It is very important to keep the following things in mind to prevent Hepatitis B infection (1) .
- Get children vaccinated in three stages immediately after birth and then between the sixth month to the 18th month.
- Children below the age of 19 years who have not yet had Hepatitis B can also get Hepatitis B vaccination for safety.
- If the pregnant woman is suffering from Hepatitis B, then the children must undergo special vaccination related to it within 12 hours after birth.
- Infection can be prevented if the Hepatitis B Immune Globulin vaccine is administered within 24 hours of infection.
- If you consume alcohol, then stop it with immediate effect.
Now you must have known about what is Hepatitis B and how fatal it can be in case of not taking precautions. Also, you must have come to know about the complications due to this infection. But if the symptoms and risk factors of hepatitis disease are kept in mind, then the disease can be prevented from growing or progressing in time. However, if someone is vulnerable to Hepatitis infection, then the preventive home remedies and treatment methods mentioned in the article will be of great use. At the same time, you also have to keep in mind that complete treatment of any problem is not possible without the advice of a doctor. In such a situation, please contact your nearest doctor or hospital. If you have any other question related to this topic, then you can reach it through the comment box given below.