The organs, whether internal or external, all have an important place in life. These organs also include the feet. It is these legs that provide the ability to walk and run while handling the weight of the entire body. This is the reason that these legs do the most labor in daily activities, so anyone can have pain problems in the legs. In some circumstances, this problem increases so much that all the plans of the day remain as they are. Do not go through this much trouble, so in this article of stylecrash we will give information about the cause of legs pain as well as how to treat the pain in the legs at home. Readers should note that the home remedies suggested in the article may provide some relief from leg pain. These measures should not be treated as a cure for the problem.
So what is the first leg pain? Let’s know this. Other points will also be discussed later.
What is leg pain
What is leg pain To understand this thing well, it is necessary to understand what is pain first. Pain is a signal sent to the brain by the nervous system. This sign makes a person realize that something is not right in the body. In pain, the affected area feels like prickling, burning, cramping and tingling. It can occur in any part of the body.
This is the reason that a situation of tension, pressure and tingling in the muscles of the feet in which there is difficulty in walking, it is called the problem of leg pain. This is a common problem, which can occur to anyone and any part of the leg. There are several reasons for this problem, which we will discuss further in the article. At the moment, it must be known that both the location and severity of pain in the legs depends on its causes.
After knowing what is the pain in the legs, now we will give information related to its type.
Types of Leg Pain – Types of Leg Pain
Talking about the type of pain in the legs, it can be mainly of three types, which depends on the reasons for its occurrence.
Let us know about them in a little detail.
1. Musculoskeletal Pain
Musculoskeleton pain is included in leg pain mainly due to muscle, ligament (tissue joining the two bones), joints and bones. The conditions involved in this type of leg pain are as follows:
- Problems associated with joint pain.
- Muscle stiffening due to excessive tension or pressure.
- Muscle swelling due to deep injury.
- Orthopedics such as bone fracture or osteoporosis (fragility of bones).
2. Vascular Pain
Foot pain caused by artery problems is included in this type of leg pain. Peripheral artery disease (blood flow in the veins becoming thin) and deep vein thrombosis (blood clots in the deep veins) are also some of the arterial problems that cause leg pain.
3. Neurological Pain
This type of leg pain is called a neurological pain when a pain situation in the legs arises due to nervous system-related disorders or damage. This is the reason why pain in the feet is counted as a neurological pen due to the cytological nerve (the longest nerve in the human body, which travels from the spine to the legs) and other nerve damage.
In the next part of the article, we will now give detailed information related to the causes and risk factors of leg pain.
Causes and Risk Factors of Leg Pain – Causes and Risk Factors of Leg Pain
The causes and risk factors for leg pain are as follows.
Common causes of leg pain
- Dehydration or deficiency of sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium in the blood.
- Use of diuretics or cholesterol-lowering drugs.
- Due to muscle fatigue or tension due to excessive exercise or sitting in one place.
- Injury caused by muscle damage.
- Hair line cracks in bones.
- Due to the shin splint (overuse of the outer part of the lower leg bone).
Other causes of leg pain
- Peripheral artery disease (a disorder related to blood flow in the legs).
- Blood clotting due to long bed rest (eg deep vein thrombosis).
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bones).
- Cellulitis (infection involving skin and soft tissues).
- Inflammation of joints due to arthritis.
- Causes of nerve damage (common in diabetes patients and alcohol and cigarette users).
- Due to varicose veins (swelling in the veins).
After the cause of leg pain, we will now talk about the symptoms of leg pain.
Symptoms of Leg Pain – Symptoms of Leg Pain
As we have mentioned earlier in the article, pain is a type of sign that indicates a problem in the body. When it affects the feet, it is called leg pain. In such a situation, the symptoms of pain can be called the symptoms of foot pain, which are as follows (:
- Prick in affected area.
- muscle cramps.
- Feeling like a sting.
- Burning in the affected area.
- Tingling sensation.
In the next part of the article, we will now learn about how to treat foot pain in the home.
Home Remedies for Leg Pain – Home Remedies for Leg Pain
- Some ice cubes
- A plastic bag or towel
How to use
- First, place the ice cubes in plastic bags or towels.
- Now place it on the affected area and massage it gently with a circular hand.
- This process can be repeated about two to three times a day until the pain persists.
A research was conducted by the Medical University of Iran to find out the effect of ice pack on pain . Research has found that the use of ice packs can give positive results in pain preceding the arterial puncture. However, further research still needs to be done to fully substantiate its effect ( 6 ). On this basis, it would not be wrong to say that using ice packs as a home remedy for leg pain can provide some relief.
2.Hot Pepper Rub
- Around 50 mL olive oil
- A spoonful of red chili powder
How to use
- Take 50 mL olive oil in a vessel and add one teaspoon of red chili to it.
- Now leave this mixture for the whole night.
- The next day, use this mixture of chilli and olive oil to massage the feet.
- After a good massage, leave it as long as possible.
- This process can be adopted before bedtime when necessary.
Hot pepper rub can also be used as a home remedy for leg pain. According to a research published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), red chili can relieve pain. Research suggests that red chili may help to address the causes of pain related to the nervous system. At the same time, it can also be helpful in controlling the pain arising due to muscle fatigue and tension ( 7 ). On the other hand, olive oil can demonstrate beneficial results in pain problems caused by inflammation (such as arthritis) ( 8 ). In such a situation, it would not be wrong to say that olive oil containing red chili can be helpful in reducing the pain of the feet.
Note- After adopting this remedy, wash hands thoroughly . Chilli can cause unbearable burning sensation due to the hand in the eye. At the same time, excessive use of chillies can also cause irritation on the skin, so use this remedy with great caution.
3. Essential Oil
- A bucket of hot water (bearable)
- Three to four drops Eucalyptus / Lavender / Clove Oil
How to use
- Add any of the above essential oil to a bucket of hot water.
- Now sit for 10 to 15 minutes with your feet in the bucket.
- After the time is over, take the feet out of the water and wash the feet with clean water.
- This process can be repeated two to three times a week.
Eucalyptus oil is known to have analgesic (analgesic) and anti-inflammatory (anti-inflammatory) effects ( 9 ). Clove has an antinociceptive (spasms-reducing) effect with analgesics ( 10 ). At the same time, the benefits of lavender oil include controlling pain ( 11 ). For this reason, it can be believed that these three essential oils can provide relief in the home remedy of leg pain.
4. Epsom Salt and Baking Soda
- Bearable hot water in a bucket
- One teaspoon Epsom Salt
- A spoonful of baking soda
How to use
- Mix one tablespoon of Epsom salt and baking soda in a bucket of hot water.
- After that, put your feet in the bucket and sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After the time is over, wash the feet with clean water.
- This process can be used on a convenience and need basis.
According to experts, Epsom salt is a common type of magnesium sulfate. By using it mixed with bath water, relief of swelling and joint pain can be relieved. It can also be helpful in muscle tension and spasms ( 12 ). At the same time, the use of baking soda can give some relief to the problem of swelling and pain ( 13 ). For this reason, it would not be wrong to say that hot water containing Epsom salt and baking soda can remedy the pain in the legs, which can prove to be beneficial to some extent.
- Two to three teaspoons of olive oil
- Two drops lavender oil
How to use
- First, add two drops of lavender oil in olive oil.
- Now heat it slightly.
- Now massage the affected area with this oil and leave it for the whole night.
- This process can be repeated from one to two times a day.
Massage can be very beneficial in the home remedy of pain in the legs. A research related to pain control published on NCBI website found that massage can help in relieving pain. Indeed, massage activates blood flow to the muscles of the affected area and relieves pain caused by inflammation ( 14 ). In such a situation, massage can be used as a great option for the relief of leg pain.
After home treatment of leg pain, in the next part of the article, we will now tell about the treatment of leg pain.
Treatment of leg pain – Treatment of Leg Pain
There is no definite cause of leg pain, so the pain in the legs can be treated only on the basis of its cause. Actually, the causes of inflammation, fracture and some diseases in the flesh are included, which has been mentioned above in the article. The main reason for this will be investigated first. Only then the step towards treatment can be taken ( 15 ) ( 16 ).
To treat pain in the legs caused by general muscle stiffness, cramps and swelling, the doctor may recommend rest. Also, it may be suggested to use and massage to reduce inflammation. In the event of fractures or other problems, it may be advisable to use medicines related to their treatment. In case of any other causes of leg pain, steps should be taken towards treatment as per the advice of the doctor.
After the treatment of leg pain, we will now learn about foot pain prevention.
Leg pain relief – Prevention Tips for Leg Pain
Leg pain can be prevented by adopting the following measures.
- Take adequate amounts of vitamin D through sunlight or foods. Vitamin D may be helpful in keeping away the risk factors that cause pain in bones and muscles ( 17 ).
- Use comfortable and comfortable shoes according to the foot size. Choosing the wrong shoes can cause leg pain ( 18 ).
- People with obesity problem can control the weight and avoid the problem of leg pain. The reason is that more weight causes more pressure on the feet. This may cause joint swelling and pain problems ( 19 ).
- Avoid standing or sitting for long periods of time in one place. Keep changing your position and place every now and then. Actually, this habit can also cause foot pain problems ( 20 ).
Through the article, you got to know about many important things related to leg pain. This information obtained from the article will naturally help you in removing the causes associated with this problem. At the same time, the article also suggested several ways to remedy the pain in the legs, which can prove to be beneficial. In this way, by using this information, you can help not only yourself but also other people to get rid of this problem. For effective benefits, it is important to read all the points given in the article, only then take steps towards treatment. Tell us through the comment box below how helpful this article has been for you.
frequently asked Questions
Why do my feet feel heavy?
This can happen due to contraction of the artery or arteries, which has many possible reasons. In this situation, proper amount of blood cannot reach the feet. The resulting feet feel numb. It is a symptom of peripheral artery disease.
Can lower back pain cause leg pain?
If lower back pain is associated with cytica, it can also cause pain in the feet.