The human body is a complex structure, whose medical science keeps trying to solve the tangled knots. At the same time, there are some troubles of the body, over which complete control has not been possible. One such problem is paralysis i.e. paralysis. The sick person may face a lot of discomfort when the body becomes paralyzed and treatment of paralysis is also a complex process. In this article of stylecrase, we will discuss the symptoms, types and prevention of this disease. At the same time, we will also try to know how to treat paralysis.
Read the article to the end
Let us first know who is called paralysis.
What is paralysis – What is Paralysis
Paralysis is also called paralysis and paralysis. This means affecting the functioning of muscles. In this state the muscles of any one part of the body stop working. This situation arises when the exchange of messages between the brain and muscles is not done properly. Paralysis may be complete or partial. It can occur on one or both sides of the body. This can happen in just one area or even in the whole body. It can affect the lower half of the body including both legs, hands and feet.
Let us now know the type of paralysis.
Types of paralysis
The types of paralysis are many. To explain this easily, we are distributing it according to the affected part, time and duration.
1. Depending on the affected part:
- Monoplegia: In this paralysis and paralysis, only one part of the body is affected. In monoplegia paralysis, one arm is usually affected.
- Hemiplegia: Affections of one side is called hemiplegia paralysis. In this paralysis, one arm, one leg and trunk (abdomen, shoulder, chest) of the same side of the body are affected.
- Quadriplegia: This type of paralysis is also known as tetraplegia. In this, both arms and both legs of the person’s body are affected.
- Paraplegia: Paralysis of paraplegia below the waist is called paraplegia paralysis. In this paralysis type both legs of the person are affected.
- Bell’s Palsy: In this type of stroke, the person’s muscles are weak and paralyzed on the face. During this time the face becomes slightly crooked, causing problems in speaking and eating.
2. Based on time:
Such paralysis is divided into two parts, which are as follows:
Permanent: Permanent paralysis can occur due to any deficiency in the body or due to some type of accident. In this the person can hear, but is not able to react in any way. There is no activity of any kind in the affected part of the body .
Temporary: This occurs for some time, like bells pelce paralysis. It is also called sleep paralysis. With the help of treatment, the patient recovers in some time. Temporary paralysis is also the inability to move while sleeping, not moving or speaking after getting up. This is known as sleep paralysis. Statistics indicate that 8% of the general population is affected by sleep paralysis . Therefore, whenever symptoms of paralysis are seen, a doctor should be seen immediately.
Now you know what are the types of this disease. In the article, we are now explaining the cause of paralysis.
Causes of Paralysis
The causes of paralysis can be many. Some of the main causes of paralysis are given below:
- Stroke or any kind of attack.
- ear ache.
- Slip paralysis.
- Deep injury to bone or back and head.
- Hypokalemia (low potassium).
- multiple sclerosis. Central nervous system ie brain and spinal cord disease.
- Feeling of weakness in one part of the body, hands or both hands and feet.
- Polio infection .
- Neck injury.
- Autoimmune diseases such as Gülen-Barré syndrome.
- Alcoholic myopathy. Muscle related disease is called myopathy. The muscle fibers in this do not function properly. This condition can be caused by drinking alcohol.
- Congenital myopathy means weakening of muscles since birth.
- Dermatomyositis, which consists of skin rash, muscle weakness, and inflammation.
- Muscle weakness caused by drugs like statins and steroids.
- Muscular dystrophy, a muscle disease in which the muscles are weakened due to non-production of protein.
Below is more information
After the causes of paralysis, we are further describing the symptoms of paralysis.
Symptoms of paralysis
Some of the symptoms of paralysis are as follows:
- Inability to move the body
- Occasional muscle cramps.
- Numbness of any part of the body.
- Pain in the paralyzed area.
- Needle-like prick in paralyzed portion.
- Weakness in muscles (Platysma).
- One-sided portion of the face is weak.
These were the symptoms of paralysis, let us know in what circumstances there is a fear of paralysis.
Risk factors of paralysis
After knowing the symptoms of paralysis it is also very important to know what are the reasons why the fear of paralysis can increase. The following factors can cause paralysis.
- Thoracoabdominal aortic replacement.
- Thyroid surgery.
- Zika virus.
- Neural disorders .
- Resting after exercise .
- Exercise more in the evening.
- Excess of carbohydrate rich food.
Now we are telling what can be the treatment of paralysis further.
Treatment of paralysis
According to a research published in NCBI, the treatment of paralysis is nothing to cure this problem completely. Just to treat paralysis, doctors recommend using some medicines and wheelchairs. High doses of methylprednisolone are currently considered effective for the treatment of paralysis, as it can reduce damage to the spinal cord and spinal cod. At present, many side effects of this drug have also been seen, due to which its use in the medical world is controversial. Therefore, it would be better to take medicine only on the advice of the doctor.
Apart from this, some measures are taken to simplify the life of paralyzed person, such as:
- Electric shock ( doctors ): In some cases, doctors may try to stimulate the muscles through electric shock treatment.
- Physiotherapy: In this, therapies such as massage and exercise can be adopted to normalize the functioning of nerves and muscles.
- Use of equipment: If a patient is difficult to move, he can be given an electric wheelchair. Using these can make it easier for a paralyzed person to go anywhere.
Now you know how paralysis can be treated. After so much information about paralysis, it is also important to know about prevention of paralysis, which we are talking about further.
Measures to avoid paralysis (Prevention Tips)
The way to prevent paralysis and paralysis is to avoid the causes and risk factors of paralysis, which we have given above in the article. In such a situation, everyone should take care of the following things to avoid paralysis.
- Spinal cord protection.
- Protect the head.
- Exercising at high speed.
- Avoid resting immediately after exercise.
- Avoid overeating carbohydrates.
- Avoid alcohol consumption
- Protect yourself from viral infections.
- Contact the doctor if you feel any weakness in the muscles.
You have just received the necessary information about paralysis. Hopefully, this information found on Stylcrase will be helpful in making you aware and aware of paralysis. There is no doubt that paralysis is a complex and serious problem, but its risk can be avoided with the help of proper eating and exercise. We will keep bringing you more such important information. Keep reading for this style style. If you have found this article complete, then share it with others on Facebook and WhatsApp.