New Delhi: PM Modi will give a big gift today to make street vendors street vendors self-reliant. Prime Minister Narendra Modi (Narendra Modi) will distribute loans to three lakh street vendors at 10:30 am today under PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi i.e. PM Swanidhi Yojana (PM SVANidhi Scheme). During this program of loan disbursement through video conferencing, he will also talk to the beneficiaries.
PM Modi informed about this through Twitter. He wrote that I will communicate with the brothers and sisters of UP who sell goods on the street-tracks. You will get a chance to know about how the Pradhan Mantri Swanidhi Yojana has given new strength to these colleagues.
The street vendors will get financial help
The Uttar Pradesh government has received 557,000 applications so far from vendors, which is the highest in the country. In fact, during the coronavirus pandemic, such people have been killed the most who used to live on roadside street. Their entire business collapsed during the lockdown and a livelihood crisis arose. The government will help these people under the PM Swanidhi scheme. With this, the street vendors will be able to resume their business without any delay.
What is PM Swanidhi scheme
1. Those loans will be given to those who run shops on road side carts or street vendors.
2. This category includes fruit-vegetable, laundry, saloon and paan shops.
3. According to an estimate, the scheme will benefit 50 lakh street vendors and track people.
4. Under this scheme, every street vendor can take a loan up to Rs 10,000.
5. You can return this amount in installments within 1 year of the street vendors.
6. The terms of the loan will be very easy, there will be no need for any guarantee
. 7% interest subsidy will also be given to those who repay the loan on time.
8. There is no provision for penalty under this scheme.
The government has approved an amount of Rs 5000 crore for this scheme started for street vendors. For this loan, application can be made through mobile app and web portal. Monthly cashback facility will also be available on receipt or payment of digital transactions.