The importance of Ayurveda continues even in this era of modernity. There are many plants, whose leaves, fruits, flowers and roots etc. are used to make Ayurvedic medicine. Army leaves also fall in this category. Perhaps you have never heard of the use of army leaves, but these leaves are rich in many rare medicinal properties. In this article of stylecrase, we are giving information about the advantages and disadvantages of army leaf on the basis of scientific evidence. Also in this article, we are also talking about the use of army leaves.
We begin the article with the benefit of the army leaves.
Benefits of Senna Leaf
Due to Ayurvedic properties, consuming Senna leaves can have many health benefits. Also, if its leaves are used when someone is ill, then the patient can get help in recovering from the disease. At the same time, it is also important to understand that if someone is suffering from a fatal disease like cancer, then it is up to the doctor whether to use army leaves as medicine. Let us now read in detail about the benefits of army leaves.
1. to relieve constipation
The problem of constipation can be avoided by consuming army leaves or tea made from it. Some doctors also use it to empty the bowels before surgery. It has steamulant laxative properties, which acts like a stomach cleansing medicine. Its use promotes intestinal activity, due to which there is no possibility of problems like constipation. At the same time, if someone has constipation, he may get some benefit ( 1 ).
2. Helpful in treating bowel syndrome
According to a scientific research, army leaves can be used for irritable bowel syndrome. It has laxative properties, which is considered a panacea for a problem like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). This property works to clean up the intestinal jam, dirt and toxins, due to which the problem like irritable bowel syndrome can be overcome to a large extent ( 2 ).
3. To lose weight
A research published on the website of the NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) states that army leaves are used as home remedies for many problems. Consuming herbal tea made using army leaves can help reduce weight. For this, the laxative properties found in senna leaves may be beneficial ( 3 ). At the moment, further research is still needed on this to clarify how the effect of army leaves works. Along with consuming army leaves, it is also important to balance eating and regular exercise to lose weight.
4. For hair
The benefits of senna leaf also include getting rid of hair problems ( 4 ). By using army leaves, hair is stronger than roots. Also they can help in conditioning the hair and preventing hair fall. Senna leaves can be grinded and mixed with essential oil to prepare a paste and applied in the head. Then after a few hours washing the hair with water gives shine to the hair. Due to which properties of army leaves are beneficial for hair, more scientific research is still needed.
In this part of the article you will read how army leaf can be used.
How to use senna leaf
If you are wondering how to include army leaves in the diet, then know with us some ways of consuming it, which are as follows:
How to eat:
- You can take it in the morning or evening after drying the senna leaves or like powder herbal tea.
- Vegetables made from army leaves can also be eaten in the afternoon or at night.
How to eat : To get relief from some problems, army leaves and substances made from it can be used, which is as follows ( 5 ).
- 17.2 mg of army daily can be used for two weeks to reduce weight.
- Capsules and pills used to relieve constipation use the army from 10 mg to 60 mg. It can be taken continuously for 10 days.
Note : As you have known that Senna leaves have laxative properties, so take the advice of a doctor once in relation to how much quantity to take.
Now we are talking about the loss of army leaves.
Loss of army leaves
Constant use of army leaves can cause many physical problems, which are as follows ( 6 ):
- Pregnancy and lactation : It is safe to take small amounts during pregnancy or breastfeeding. This reduces the possibility of harm to both the woman and the breastfeeding infant during pregnancy. At the same time, consuming it in large quantities for a long time can cause liver damage due to the laxatives present in it.
- Electrolyte problems : Many times there is a risk of potassium deficiency in the body due to the use of force, which can affect the electrolyte.
- Dehydration : Army tea should not be given to a person suffering from dehydration, as it can cause diarrhea.
- Gastrointestinal conditions : Those who have problems with stomach pain, intestinal obstruction, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, appendix, stomach swelling and hemorrhoids, etc., should also not use army leaves.
After reading this article, it has been understood why in ancient times, trees and plants were used as medicine in various diseases. At the same time, the usefulness of these trees and plants has not diminished even today. Various types of physical problems can be avoided if army leaves are used properly on the advice of a doctor. Therefore, it is important to consult a doctor before consuming it. We hope that this article will prove useful to you. If you still have any doubt regarding these leaves, you can ask us with the help of the comment box given below.