Many types of physical problems are encountered due to abnormal movements of the body, wrong ways of getting up and working. One of them is shoulder pain. Often we ignore shoulder pain as normal, but our negligence may be overshadowed in future. Therefore, in this article of stylecrase, we are talking about the causes and symptoms of shoulder pain. Also we will explain about home remedies for shoulder pain. This article giving information about shoulder pain has been written based on many types of research. Yes, if the shoulder pain is severe, then you should go to the doctor without delay, because the home remedies for shoulder pain given in the article can only help in healing the normal pain.
In the article, first of all, we are describing what is shoulder pain.
What is shoulder pain – What is Shoulder Pain in Hindi
When the muscles of the shoulder swell or become weak, there is pain in the shoulder. It is estimated that 16 to 26 percent of people suffer from shoulder pain problems. At the same time, about 1 percent of adults start having a new problem of shoulder pain annually. Especially those who do construction work and hairdressing, their shoulder is often painful. In addition, heavy weight lifting and body vibration work can affect shoulder pain. Also, psychological factors are also believed to be associated with this problem. Recent studies suggest that prolonged and repeated tasks can also increase shoulder pain ( 1 ).
After understanding what is shoulder pain, we now know the cause of shoulder pain.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
The cause of shoulder pain can be many. The main reasons among them are as follows ( 2 ):
Rotator cuff disorders are one of the most common causes of shoulder pain. This occurs when the veins of the rotator cuff become trapped under the bone in the shoulder. In this case, the veins are either swollen or damaged. This condition is called rotator cuff tendinitis or bursitis in medical language.
Apart from this, there may be following reasons for shoulder pain:
- Arthritis of the shoulder joint.
- Bone spurs means the emergence of bone in the shoulder area.
- Bursitis i.e. swelling in the area around the shoulder.
- Broken shoulder bone.
- Shoulder injury.
- Distance between shoulder joints.
- Frozen shoulder, this occurs when the muscles and ligaments inside the shoulder become stiff, making the position painful as well as difficult to move.
In this section of the article, we are giving some home remedies to relieve shoulder pain.
Home Remedies for Shoulder Pain
Here we are telling some such home remedies, which can reduce shoulder pain to some extent. At the same time, the doctor should get a checkup in case of severe pain. Let us now know in detail about these home remedies.
1. Ice and heat compress
- An Ice and Heat Compress.
What to do?
- First place the ice pack on the affected area for at least one minute, then wipe the area with a towel.
- After 5 minutes, compress the hot pad by placing it on the affected area.
- Use cold compress from back to back after using hot compress.
- Apply a cold compress for about 20 minutes at an interval of 1-1 minutes to the painful area.
- Similarly, apply hot compress at an interval of 1-1 minutes for 20 minutes. It should not be kept in the affected area for more than 20 minutes.
- The snow should not be kept on the affected area for more than 5 minutes or else there may be a problem like ice burn. Also, hot compress should not be kept on open wound. This can also cause skin burn.
How often to do it:
- You can do this 2 to 3 times daily until symptoms improve.
According to a research, the use of cold therapy can be beneficial in reducing inflammation of the affected area. The analgesic properties found in it may be beneficial in relieving pain ( 3 ). In addition, heat compress can help relieve pain and improve blood flow. Also it can be beneficial in removing muscle stiffness. Thus we can say that cold and heat compresses can be beneficial in relieving pain and its associated problem ( 4 ).
2. Epsom Salt Bath
- 1 cup Epsom Salt
- 1 tub of water
What to do?
- Fill the tub with water and add Epsom salt to it as well.
- After this, sit in the tub for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
How often to do it:
- You can do this any single day of the week.
Epsom salt is also known as magnesium sulfate. Epsom salt is believed to have analgesic properties to relieve inflammation and pain. Therefore, salt can be used to relieve shoulder pain. It dissolves easily in water and can reduce itching and swelling to some extent, along with relieving muscle pain ( 5 ) ( 6 ).
Home remedies for shoulder pain can also include stretching exercises and yoga. A research published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) states that people working in the office often have problems with neck and shoulder pain. Some such people were included in the research and were advised to do neck and shoulder stretching exercises daily. Research results have found that regular stretching exercises for four weeks can reduce neck and shoulder pain ( 7 ).
4. Massage therapy
Massage therapy can also be a beneficial remedy to relieve shoulder pain. A research was done on this subject, which was published on the NCBI website. According to research, massage therapy is used in many countries to treat shoulder pain. Research conducted on many people has also believed that massage can be an effective treatment to reduce shoulder pain ( 8 ). At the moment, further research needs to be done on this topic.
5. Kinesiology Tape
Kinesiology tape (KT) is commonly used to improve symptoms of musculoskeletal (disorders involving muscles and bones). Also it can be used as a home remedy for shoulder pain. According to research papers of several research institutes published on the NCBI website, kinesiology tape can immediately improve the intensity of shoulder pain that occurs at any time and at night ( 9 ). However, it should be used under the supervision of a specialist or by a physician. Due to its incorrect use, it can cause harm rather than profit.
Here we are telling how to treat shoulder pain.
Treatment of shoulder pain -Shoulder Pain Treatment
Shoulder pain can be treated in several ways, which are as follows:
- To prevent rotator cuff disorder, some doctors recommend using painkillers to relieve pain. These drugs are given at different times to overcome the different problem of rotator cuff disorder. Doctors may also use steroid injections.
- Intra-articular corticosteroid injections and physiotherapy may be used to treat shoulder pain in the case of frozen shoulder. Physiotherapy is started one week after the injection. Doctors may also use non-steroidal antiinflammatory drugs to relieve pain.
After treating shoulder pain, know how to avoid shoulder pain.
Prevention of Shoulder Pain – Prevention Tips for Shoulder Pain
Information is believed to be the best form of defense. Therefore, to avoid shoulder pain, here are some work tips:
- At any stage it is necessary to take care of your body. If there is shoulder pain after an activity, it should not be ignored, it can make the problem more serious. Therefore, a doctor should be seen immediately if there is pain.
- Regular exercise and healthy diet can help in strengthening the body.
- Exercising properly can also help prevent shoulder pain. For this, do warm-up before doing the workout. Do any type of physical activity with a jerk, but not at rest. Also, lift the weight correctly, so that there is no sprain or pain in the shoulder.
- Shoulder pain and injury can also be avoided by sitting, bending and walking in the right posture. In addition, working in the same posture continuously for a long time should also be avoided.
- By using the stool to lift the object placed in a high position, it can prevent other problems with shoulder pain.
- Shoulder break can also be avoided by taking a brief break in between.
Shoulder pain can occur to anyone, but if it is not fixed in time, it can take a serious form. Try not to do anything that causes pain. At the same time, if shoulder pain has started, then treatment of shoulder pain should be done before it can take its severe form. You can avoid shoulder pain by following the information and tips given in the article. How this article gives information about shoulder pain was beneficial for you, please tell in the comment box below.