New Delhi: Investment is the only way through which you can secure the future of yourself and your family. At present, there are many investment options according to the risk capacity. If you have a higher risk appetite, then you invest in equities, such as mutual funds, but if you are looking for a safe and zero risk investment then post office saving schemes can be a better option.
Post office schemes are long-term investments. These schemes are for those who prefer traditional investment and have a long-term view. Government guarantee is available on post office schemes, that is, there is no risk at all. Also, a guaranteed return on investment is also available. Here we are going to tell you about one such post office scheme named Kisan Vikas Patra (Kisan Vikas Patra).
What is Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP)
The duration of this scheme is 124 months i.e. 10 years 4 months. If you have invested in this scheme from 1 April 2020 to 30 June 2020, the lump sum amount deposited on your behalf doubles in 10 years and 4 months. On Kisan Vikas Patra, you get compound interest of 6.9% per annum.
You can invest as much as you want
You can buy Kisan Vikas Patra Certificate with a minimum investment of Rs 1,000, there is no maximum limit of investment in this scheme, that is, you can add money to this scheme as much as you want. The scheme was started in 1988, when it was intended to double the investment of farmers, but now it has been opened to all. Now it can be said that the Kisan Vikas Patra has nothing to do with the farmers at the moment.
But will have to provide PAN and Aadhaar
There is also the risk of money laundering due to no investment limit, so in 2014, the government made PAN card mandatory for investments above Rs 50,000. If you invest 10 lakh or more, then income proof will also have to be deposited, such as ITR, salary slip and bank statement etc. Apart from this, Aadhaar has to be given as an identity card.
Can buy three ways
1. Single Holder Type Certificate: This type of certificate is purchased for yourself or for a minor
2. Joint A Account Certificate: It is issued jointly to two adults. Both holders are paid, or who are alive.
3. Joint B Account Certificate: It is issued jointly to two adults. Either pays or is alive
Features of Kisan Vikas Patra
1. Guaranteed returns are given on this scheme, it has nothing to do with the fluctuations of the market, so it is a very safe means of investment. You get the full amount after the end of the period
2. There is no tax exemption under Section 80C of Income Tax. Return on it is fully taxable. There is no tax on withdrawals after maturity.
3. After maturity, you can withdraw the amount after 124 months, but its lock-in period is 30 months. Before this you cannot withdraw money from the scheme, provided the account holder dies or a court order
4. It can be invested in denominations of 1000, 5000, 10000, 50000
5. Kisan Vikas Patra is collateral You can also take a loan by keeping it as a security or as security
Interest on Kisan Vikas Patra