Amla, a small-sized simple fruit, is a mine of medicinal properties. This is the reason why it is used as a home remedy for many physical problems. At the same time, in Ayurveda, it is used as a medicine to relieve some serious problems. This is the reason that through this article of Stylecrease, we are going to explain you some of the special facts related to the use of Amla, the benefits of Amla and the medicinal properties of Amla. Before proceeding further in the article, you have to understand that any home remedy can help to get relief from the problem to some extent, but it cannot be called the treatment of that problem. Medical counseling is essential for complete treatment of the disease.
Keep reading articles
Let’s first consider the benefits of Amla, after that we will also talk about the benefits of eating Amla.
Benefits of Amla
1. helpful in weight loss
Obesity a problem for those battling Amla may prove beneficial. Actually, according to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, a research done on Amla confirms this. In this research done on mice, it is believed that gooseberry has antiobesity, which relieves the problem of obesity (1) . Based on this fact, it can be assumed that the use of amla can be relieved to some extent from the problem of obesity. However, with this, the patient needs to take special care of regular exercise and balanced diet, so that the patient can get the benefits of amla positively in this problem.
2. Beneficial for heart health
It can also be considered beneficial to use amla to reduce cardiovascular risks and maintain heart health. In this regard, a research was conducted on Indian gooseberry by the Indian Journal of Pharmacology. Research has found that the intake of amla can help in reducing the increased lipids as well as reducing the increased blood pressure. These are both risk factors related to the heart, so it can be said that the medicinal properties of amla can play an important role in maintaining heart health (2) . For the present, further research is needed to understand the effect of Amla on heart health in more depth.
3. Control diabetes / blood sugar
Diabetes of the problem sufferers can find relief in this problem using Amla. This is evidenced by a research conducted by the Research Development Cell of Father Mueller Medical College, Karnataka. In this research, it has been found that amla has special ingredients called Gallic Acid, Gallotanin, Ellagic Acid and Corilagin. All these elements exhibit antioxidant (free radical destroying effect) effect. At the same time, the research also considered that due to this antioxidant effect, these elements also exhibit antidiabetic effect, which can help in controlling increased blood sugar (3) . On this basis, it would not be wrong to say that the benefits of eating amla can prove to be helpful to some extent even in the problem of diabetes.
4. Avoid cancer
Due to the medicinal properties of amla, the consumption of amla can also prove to be beneficial for prevention and prevention of fatal diseases like cancer. In fact, a research conducted on Amla by Father Mueller Medical College, Karnataka, found that this fruit has chemopreventive effects, which can be helpful in preventing cancer. Also, research suggests that some phytochemicals (gallic acid, aalic acid, pyrogallol, norsequiterpenoid, corilagin, geranin, elocarpusin, and prodelphinidin B1 and B2) present in the gooseberry have antianoplastic (cancer cell destroying) effects. is. Due to the presence of these elements, the consumption of amla can help to reduce the risks of cancer to some extent (4) . However, more research is still needed on how effective the benefits of eating amla are against cancer.
Along with this, it is also important to keep in mind that cancer is a fatal and fatal disease. Therefore, for the treatment of this disease, medical treatment is more important than home remedies.
5. Promote diuretic activity
The problem of not having urination can happen to anyone, child or woman, but in general this problem is more common in elderly men. This is because in old age, the prostate gland (semen making gland) of elderly men gets inflamed (5) . In such a situation, consumption of Amla can prove to be a better option to get relief from this problem. According to experts, Ayurveda includes many fruits, flowers or herbs that have diuretic (diuretic) properties. These include the name of Amla (6) . Therefore, it can be said that the benefits of Amla or Amla juice can prove to be somewhat helpful in the problem of non-urination.
6. Aids in digestion
The benefits of amla juice can also be considered effective in improving the digestive process. Actually, a research done on Amla related to cancer has found that it has Stamachic (Stomachic – improves digestion and promotes appetite) properties. At the same time, in this research it was also believed that amla is also helpful in improving the problem of stomach ulcers and indigestion . It also has the ability to relieve stomach gas problems (4) . Given these facts, it would not be wrong to say that using amla can help in strengthening digestive health.
7. Increase immunity
The benefits of eating amla include improving the body’s immunity. Indeed, according to the Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, amla has the ability to increase both energy and immunity. Therefore, it is also called disease-resistant tonic (7) . On the other hand, a research conducted on amla suggests that the antioxidant properties present in amla can improve immunity by reducing the effect of free radicals (8) . On this basis, it would not be wrong to say that amla can prove to be helpful in increasing the immunity of the body. However, more research is still needed on how it works on the body to improve immunity.
8. Strengthen bones
According to experts, amla has antiinflammatory (inflammation-reducing) properties. This property can help in reducing the inflammation of joints in arthritis. At the same time, it also contains abundant vitamin C (9) . Vitamin C is considered important for the strengthening of bones (10) . On this basis, we can say that Amla can prove to be helpful in strengthening bones somewhere. However, there is no clear evidence of how helpful the benefits of eating amla are for the growth and strengthening of bones.
9. Increase eyesight
A research in the Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry found that the consumption of amla can help in conjunctivitis and glaucoma eye disorders. Explain that in conjunctivitis, the white part of the eye is swollen and in glaucoma, the patient’s eyesight becomes weak. Along with this, amla can also be helpful in relieving excessive pressure on the nerves of the eyes (7) . For this, mixing honey in Amla juice is recommended to be taken twice a day. However, it is not clear what ingredients are present in Amla, which are beneficial for the eyes.
10. For gallstones
The benefits of drinking Amla and Amla juice can also be achieved in the problem of gallstones. Indeed, this is mentioned in a research conducted by the Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Diseases. Research has found that in the problem of gall, kidney and bladder stones, powder of gooseberry seeds can help reduce the irritation caused by stones in urination (11) . At the moment, there is no clear evidence of whether the quality of amla is effective in preventing the formation of gallstones.
11. Keep liver healthy
Amla properties can also prove to be helpful in keeping the liver healthy. Irregular and improper eating is seen to have adverse effects on the liver, which increases the risk of liver related risk. At the same time, due to excess of iron in the body, some toxins can also show bad effects on the liver. This can cause liver inflammation or damage. In such cases, the hepatoprotective (liver protecting) properties present in amla may help reduce the effects of these risks (12) . On this basis, it can be said that the benefits of Amla juice include keeping the liver safe.
12. Reduce Inflammation
The benefits of Amla juice can also prove beneficial in inflammation problem. As we have mentioned earlier in the article, amla has antiinflammatory (inflammatory reduction) properties. Due to this property, the consumption of gooseberry can help to some extent to overcome the problem of inflammation related to bones and muscles (9) . At the moment, further research is still needed on this topic.
13. Make skin shiny
The benefits of Amla juice can also prove beneficial for the skin. Actually, according to a research related to amla, it has antioxidant properties, which can overcome the effect of free radicals. Also, they can prove to be helpful in cleansing the skin tone (13) . In view of this fact, it can be assumed that the benefits of drinking Amla juice can prove to be helpful in cleansing the skin and keeping it shiny.
14. Beneficial for hair
Amla properties can be beneficial for hair along with other health benefits. A research conducted on rats by Evidence Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine suggests this. Research has suggested that amla is an excellent hair tonic, which can promote hair growth. It can also help in maintaining the natural color of hair (14) . Therefore, it can be assumed that the benefits of Amla juice can be achieved for hair too.
After the benefits of Amla, how do we use Amla? Will give information in this regard.
How to use Amla
How to use Amla can be well understood through the points given below.
- Amla can be used as juice, marmalade and powder.
- If you want, you can also use it to make hair mask with other fruits.
- It can also be used to apply on the skin and make a face mask to improve the complexion.
- Its paste can also be used to apply to the inflamed area.
Read further article
After knowing the benefits and uses of Amla or Amla juice, in the next part of the article we will show how to make Amla juice.
How to make Amla juice
- Chopped pieces of four gooseberries
- a glass of water
- A pinch of black salt (to taste)
How to use
- Add water and amla pieces to the mixer and grind it well.
- After grinding it well, sieve it in a glass.
- Now add a pinch of black salt to the prepared juice and drink.
Keep reading article
After knowing how to make Amla juice, to get the benefits of Amla juice, in the next part of the article we will tell the method and right time to eat Amla.
Right time and right way to eat Amla
As we have already mentioned in the article, Amla can be used as juice, powder and marmalade. At the same time, if we talk about the right way and time of taking it, then the following things have to be taken care of to get the benefits of Amla and Amla juice.
- The benefits of drinking Amla juice on an empty stomach in the morning are considered effective. However, no scientific evidence is available.
- It is advisable to take the powder on an empty stomach in the morning or with warm water before sleeping at night.
- Eating gooseberry jam with hot water on an empty stomach in the morning can be beneficial.
In the next part of the article we will tell about the healthy recipe of Amla.
Two healthy recipes of Amla
1. Gooseberry jam
- One kilo chopped amla
- One and a half kilograms of powdered sugar
- A spoonful of ground cardamom
- A spoonful of ground black pepper
- A spoonful of black salt
- ½ teaspoon alum powder
How to use
- First wash the gooseberries and leave them to soak in water for about a day. Remember to add half a teaspoon of alum powder to it.
- The next day, wash the gooseberries with water and finely pierce them with a needle.
- Now fill water in a large vessel and offer it to the gas for heating.
- When the water starts simmering, then put the gooseberry in the pot with hot water.
- Turn off the gas when water boils again and cover the pot with something and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Now take off this vessel and take another vessel and put two glasses of water in it and put it on the gas.
- Now put sugar in this vessel and mix it well in water.
- Once the sugar is mixed well in water, add boiled gooseberries and cook it well on medium heat.
- When the amla is heated and cooked well and the sugar starts to thicken, add black pepper, black salt and cardamom and mix well.
- Now cook it for two minutes and then turn off the gas.
- Now Amla the jam is ready. Keep it to cool down and then keep it in an air tight container.
2. Amla chutney
- 100 grams Green Coriander
- Two gooseberries
- Two green chilies
- Half a lemon
- A quarter teaspoon salt
How to use
- Firstly grind green coriander, amla, green chilli and salt together in a grinder.
- Now take out the prepared paste in a vessel and add lemon juice to it and serve it for eating.
Read further article
In the next part of the article, we will now give information about how to keep Amla safe.
How to keep Amla safe for long time
By the way, amla is available in the winter season and during its season it can be stored in the refrigerator like other vegetables for about five to six days. At the same time, if you want to protect it for a long time, then you can store it by making gooseberry jam, gooseberry candy, gooseberry juice, gooseberry ladoo, gooseberry powder, gooseberry pickle and gooseberry sauce.
In the next part of the article, we will now give information related to the loss of amla.
Side effects of Amla
As of now, no proper amla losses are known, but under certain circumstances, an overdose may exhibit some negative effects.
- It is helpful in reducing blood pressure, so patients suffering from low blood pressure should avoid it (2) .
- People taking diabetes medicine must take doctor’s advice before its consumption. The reason is that it has antidiabetic (blood sugar lowering) properties (3) . At the same time, such people should avoid eating gooseberry marmalade in any condition, because there is more sugar content in this substance.
- Due to its diuretic effect, its excessive intake can also cause frequent urination problems (6) .
- If there is a complaint of allergy to any food item, please consult a doctor once before consuming it.
- Be sure to consult a doctor before consuming amla during pregnancy.
After knowing the benefits of Amla and the medicinal properties of Amla, you must have now understood how its use in any form can be beneficial for health. In such a situation, it is also natural to think of using it regularly. Then what was the delay, read every aspect given in the article thoroughly. Also, keep in mind the things mentioned in the article. Along with this, you must also pay attention to the subject of Amla damage. We hope that by including Amla in your daily life, you will be able to take advantage of all the natural benefits that result from it.