Aloe vera used in Ayurveda for years is known for its medicinal properties. In particular, the use of aloe vera to control glucose levels in diabetes is widely practiced. In such a situation, in this article of Stylecrase we will tell whether aloe vera is beneficial for diabetes or not. If so, how can it play a supporting role in controlling diabetes and how it can be used. In addition, the article will also explain the disadvantages of eating aloe vera in diabetes.
Let us first know how sugar can be controlled by using aloe vera for diabetes.
How does aloe vera help manage diabetes?
According to studies on aloe vera juice for diabetes, regular intake of aloe vera juice may help control blood sugar in patients with diabetes (1) (2) . Below we explain in detail how aloe vera juice can help control diabetes and reduce its symptoms.
- Researchers conducted research on aloe vera found that it has hypoglycemic (glucose-lowering) effect. In this effect is found due to an element called Acemannan (3) .
- Aloe vera also contains other compounds such as hydrophilic fiber, glucomannan, and phytosterols that may help lower blood sugar (3)
- Several studies attest that aloe vera can lower glucose levels. The NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) website also has a number of researches conducted on Aloe vera and diabetes-related mice. One of them research states that aloe vera’s glucose level lowering properties can be understood by its antioxidant process (4) . Indeed, oxidative stress also causes diabetes (5) .
You know how aloe vera is beneficial for diabetics. Let us now know how aloe vera can be used for diabetes.
How to use aloe vera to control diabetes?
Aloe vera can be used as a juice for diabetes. There are many types of aloe vera juices available in the market, but only organic aloe vera juices should be selected. By the way, if someone has aloe vera at home, then he can make aloe vera juice for diabetes in his own home. Below we explain the method of making aloe vera at home:
- An aloe vera leaf
- Water as per requirement
- First wash the aloe vera leaves.
- Then cut it in the middle with the help of a knife.
- Now take out the gel inside it with a spoon.
- Make sure that the latex (a yellow layer) present in the leaf is not in the aloe vera gel.
- Now to make the juice, add two to three teaspoons of aloe vera water as needed and blend it for about two minutes.
- After being well blended, take it out in a glass.
- Lemon or ginger can also be added to enhance the taste of this juice.
- It can also be consumed with other juices for taste.
Some people are not able to consume aloe vera juice directly. In such a situation, aloe vera can also be used for diabetes in the following ways (6) .
- Aloe vera can also be used as a powder for diabetes.
- Can also use aloevery for diabetes as an ice cream. A small amount of honey or sugar can be used when making ice cream.
- You can also drink aloe vera by mixing it with milk.
- For diabetes, aloe vera can also be used to eat yogurt.
Note – If anyone has any other health related problems, please take medical advice once before using aloe vera for diabetes.
After knowing the benefits of aloe vera for diabetes, it is also important to know the disadvantages associated with it. Therefore, further we are talking about the loss of eating aloe vera in diabetes.
Side effects of Aloe Vera For Diabetes
Use of aloe vera can sometimes cause some harm to the body. Below we are talking about the loss of eating aloe vera in diabetes (7) .
- Hypokalemia (deficiency of potassium)
- Pseudomelanosis Coli. There is a change in the color of the inner lining of the large intestine.
- Kidney failure
- Phototoxicity and hypersensitive reactions, ie skin allergies, which can cause skin irritation and other problems.
- Abdominal Cramping
- Hives. A type of allergy in which the skin becomes red and itchy, swollen due to itching.